Problem with Scheduler in Version 5

Pablo 07/02/2008 07:14 am
I?m having a strange situation related to scheduled projects.

Lets suppose I have a project scheduled for everyday at 4:00 am.
But at the previous day, I force download (with F5), after 4:00 am.
Then, at the next day OEP does not execute the download at 4:00 am

It seems that if a project is downloaded with F5 BETWEEN the last executed scheduled time, and the following execution, that one is skipped.

As an example, all the projects I have scheduled for today July 2, between 00:00 and 07:00 in the morning, did not download. And yesterday I have forced then to download mannually with F5.

Any hint? I did not have this problem with V4.x

Thank you. Regards,
Pablo.

Oleg Chernavin 07/02/2008 08:30 am
I made several tests but cannot reproduce this yet. I also checked the code, but actually, scheduler was not changed since 4.x versions.

Can you please test the following situation:

1. Select any Project and schedule it to some time several minutes later than the current time.
2. Start its download using F5 and then stop with F8.
3. Wait several minutes for the scheduled time to see if the download will start again or not.

Would the scheduled download start?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Pablo 07/04/2008 08:07 am
Back again on this issue.

I have tryed to schedule a project to download at 5 minutes from now, then mannualy download it, and then it executed correctly at the scheduled time in the next minutes. So the problem is not to mannualy download a project.

But the problem is still there, and this is what I?m observing until now:

The scheduled download of sites stops everyday at about 04:00 am. Today, I noticed that there were two projects (scheduled at 03:13 and 03:20 respectively) that ended up with the "Loading" label, not "Loaded". So it seems that if by any reason a project didn?t finish ... the following scheduled projects are not loaded?? This is only a supposition ...

Regards,
Pablo.
Oleg Chernavin 07/04/2008 08:20 am
I see. Can you please try this version:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/opsetup.exe

Would it work better?

Oleg.
Pablo 07/04/2008 08:30 am
OK, I will try today, and tomorrow will know if the problem was fixed.

Is it necesary to install OEP completely again with OPSETUP...? Don?t you have a simpler OE.EXE to replace? (it is much easier to go back if something goes wrong...).

Thank you very much,
Pablo.
Oleg Chernavin 07/04/2008 08:40 am
Yes, it is necessary because of updated language files. The Ribbon tabs order has changed.

Oleg.
Pablo 07/05/2008 11:10 am
Installed the new version, but unfortunately didn?t fix the problem.
At a certain time arount 4:00 in the morning, projects don?t start to download.
Tryed to disable the antivirus, but nothing.
I think I will go back to V4.9...

Best regards,
Pablo.
Oleg Chernavin 07/06/2008 10:24 am
Maybe they start but download fails somehow? Can you please use the View - Statistics button to see when the last download actually took place?

Oleg.
Pablo 07/08/2008 08:13 am
Dear Oleg,

Unfortunately, this morning I checked for this problem, and -again- I found that downloads were stopped sometime about midnight. I wanted to check the View-Statitstic, but couldn?t find that option.

Now I?ve reinstalled V4.9 build 2685 to see if with the last 4.9 version I was using the problem didn?t exist.

Best regards,
Pablo.

Oleg Chernavin 07/08/2008 09:09 am
Another way for Statistics is to right-click the Project and choose View - Statistics submenu. Yes, please let me know what you get with 4.9 version.

Thank you!

Oleg.
Pablo 07/11/2008 07:38 am
Well, it seems that V4.9 does not have the problem... It?s been two days I?m running it with no problems. I will check tonight again to see what happens.

A las hint: while running V5.1, I was able to "catch" a moment just after OEP had something unusual: and OEP turned into a blank window (yes, totally white), with only the "close window" button. I think that this situation is what was happening during the nights, that caused the projects to stop downloading after a certain time...

Regards,
Pablo.
Oleg Chernavin 07/11/2008 10:04 am
Yes, it looks like some hangup. One possible reason is the new Ribbon interface. Can I ask you to test scheduled downloads on 5.1 version, but switch to the Old Menu in the View tab before that?

Oleg.
Pablo 07/11/2008 10:47 am
Unfortunately, from the very beginning, I was using the old interfase, which was more familiar for me. So, I don?t think the problem is there...
Regards,
Pablo.
Oleg Chernavin 07/11/2008 11:07 am
Let''s do an experiment. Please install the following version:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/opsetupl.exe

It will create a file c:\download\oe.log

It will write every minute whether it appeared in the scheduling code. Please leave this version running in the night to allow scheduled downloads to start automatically. If they fail to start, please send me the oe.log file (zipped) to support@metaproducts.com. And you can open it in Notepad yourself to see if there is a line that corresponds to 4:00 am. Or not.

Oleg.
Pablo 07/22/2008 07:26 am
Dear Oleg,
After several days of experimenting with V4.9 I have concluded that I have the same problem that with V5.1. Something goes wrong with OEP during the nights, and it is not at the same time: it hungs at different times. This is becoming me crazy because everyday I have to restart mannualy OE and every project.

A hint: when OEP hungs, lets the small tray icon present in the tryicon area, but stopped, and does not respond to the mouse. I have to restart de PC to reinitiate.

Today I have installed the last OPSETUPL.EXE to collect the log and send it to you by tomorrow. I hope this will help to find the solution.

Regards,
Pablo.

> Let''''s do an experiment. Please install the following version:
>
> http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/opsetupl.exe
>
> It will create a file c:\download\oe.log
>
> It will write every minute whether it appeared in the scheduling code. Please leave this version running in the night to allow scheduled downloads to start automatically. If they fail to start, please send me the oe.log file (zipped) to support@metaproducts.com. And you can open it in Notepad yourself to see if there is a line that corresponds to 4:00 am. Or not.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 08/01/2008 10:48 am
Thank you! If I will not reply you by the end of next week, can you please post again in this forum?

Oleg.