Popup IE message about ''Google Maps API key''

Steve K. 06/23/2008 01:31 pm
Hello,

At least since I have been using Offline Explorer Pro v5, I have been seeing the same popup message
repeatedly, when I view any number of website projects in Offline Explorer Pro (OEP).

The title and the message of the popup window reads as follows:
"Windows Internet Explorer"
"The Google Maps API key used on this web site was registered for a different web site. You can generate a new key for this website at http://code.google.com/apis/maps/.""

Please note, the message does not appear with every project, but it appears when I view many of the projects. If a project is affected, then the popup message appears every time a previously-downloaded & locally-stored webpage in the project is displayed in the OEP browser.

But within one of these ''problem projects'', if I click a link that I know was not already downloaded by OEP, then the normal www URL appears in the address field and no popup message is displayed.

As you probably figured out, I use the "on-line" link translation mode for nearly all my projects.

But as I mentioned, only some of my projects are affected.

Is this problem related to the Google search bar now integrated in the OEP browser? As I indicated, I am pretty sure this started appeared when I started using OEP version 5 -- though I''m not absolutely certain of this.

Anyway, I hope there''s an explanation, or at least an effective solution.

Sincerely,
Steve K.
Oleg Chernavin 06/23/2008 02:19 pm
Steve,

The search bar doesn''t influence browsing this way at all. I think, it could be a google script downloaded in the pages. Perhaps, Offline Explorer translated some of this script links incorrectly.

Can you give me the Project settings of some affected site - which shows such message immediately once you start browsing it offline?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Steve K. 06/25/2008 04:18 am
Thanks for helping. Here''s what you asked for -- it''s one page only, no link levels. I re-created the project myself, using my usual project template, and the Google messges appeared right away...

Steve

----------

[Object]
OEVersion=Pro 5.0.0.2780
Type=0
IID=7586
Caption=Labor Notes (home pg only)
URL=http://labornotes.org/
When=1
Hour=3
Minute=30
Weekday=257
LimBTime=True
LimTSize=10000
LimNumber=5000
LimTime=100
EnableForms=True
CheckSize=True
SkipMedia=True
LTMethod=1
pswMethod=2
FTText.Exts=.aspaspxcfmhtmhtmlhtxidcjspphpphp3rxmlshtmlstmstmltexttxtwmlxmlxsp xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
FTImages.Exts=gifjpgjpegtiftiffxbmfifbmppngipxjp2j2cj2kwbmplwf
FTVideo.Exts=mpgavianimpegmovfliflcvivrmramrvasfasxwmvm1vm2vvob
FTAudio.Exts=wavriffmp3midmp2m3uravocwmaape
FTArchive.Exts=acearcarjcabdocgzjarlayleilhapakpdfrarrtftartgzzzip ooooxooooooxoxoooo
FTUDef.Exts=jscssssivbsdtdxslswfclass
FTText.B=ooxooo
FTImages.B=xoxooo
FTVideo.B=xoxooo
FTAudio.B=xoxooo
FTArchive.B=ooxooo
FTUDef.B=xoxooo
FTOther.B=xoxooo
FTSizes=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,3,3,3,0,3,0
RSrvsBx=1
RPathBx=1
RProtBx=1
RProt=127
LastStart=114:141:227:151:1:89:227:64:
LastEnd=65:129:1:152:1:89:227:64:
LastStarted=2008-06-25 1:11:41 AM
LastEnded=2008-06-25 1:11:43 AM
S200=1
SPar=1
SSav=1
SLast=200
SSiz=11970
LFiles=1
LSize=11970
Copies=31
CopiesFmt=1
CopiesDate=YYMMDD
ImgDim=0,0,0,0
PrevURL=http://labornotes.org/
ConvertRSS=True
LIndexed=False
IndexFiles=False
Oleg Chernavin 06/25/2008 04:57 am
OK. I added code to disable this Maps API scripts. Here is the new oe.exe version:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/OEP2790.ZIP

Please let me know how it works.

Thank you!

Oleg.
Steve K. 07/04/2008 05:19 am
Hi Oleg,

I''m sorry it took me over a week to get back to you. I *really* appreciated your quick response with a solution -- a very effective solution, I might add.

I had intended to reply to you much earlier, but I became distracted with an unexpected problem in an entirely different application.

Anyway, your excellent support and programming work is always very much appreciated.

Thanks again,
Steve

> OK. I added code to disable this Maps API scripts. Here is the new oe.exe version:
> http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/OEP2790.ZIP
> Please let me know how it works.
> Thank you!
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 07/04/2008 06:17 am
Thank you for the kind words! I am really glad that it works well now.

Oleg.
Tami 08/16/2008 11:08 am
I''m sorry to bother you but I''m not a webmaster, network administrator, programmer, etc. I''m merely they typical run-of-the-mill web surfer. I''ve been searching for a resolution to my problem and no one else seems to be having my problem. I''m hoping someone here can help me.

I have been going to the same local news website (www.ksl.com) for well over a year now and all of a sudden I started getting this same popup IE message. There are hundreds of pages on this website and everytime I click on a new link or hit my back arrow, the same dang popup appears. I can click on OK and it goes away and the page comes up normally but then it does it again when I go back or click on a different link.

Now, this is only happening on my personal laptop. I went to the same website using my work computer and did not receive this popup. Could something have happened to my laptop to cause this popup? Is it my internet provider''s issue? Is it the website''s issue? I''m so confused!! PLEASE HELP!

Thank you,

Tami
Oleg Chernavin 08/16/2008 01:54 pm
It is some new Google technology that starts erroring on some computers. I can only suppose that it is related somehow to IE security settings, but I am not sure.

Oleg.
Tami 08/17/2008 10:32 pm
> It is some new Google technology that starts erroring on some computers. I can only suppose that it is related somehow to IE security settings, but I am not sure.
>
> Oleg.

Hi Oleg,

I remembered reading somewhere that it was suggested temp files and history be deleted. Even after I did that it didn''t get rid of the msg. Then it dawned on me that I always went to the website from the link saved in my favorites. When I tried manually typing in the website addiress it worked just fine so I deleted all the links in my favorites that were related to the website and all is well now. I don''t know WHY things like that happen but all that really matters to me is that it isn''t happening any more! :) Thanks so much for responding to my message. Most people wouldn''t take the time. Take care!

Tami
Oleg Chernavin 08/18/2008 01:49 am
This really weird! As far as I know Favorites do not contain any special cookie. But maybe it was a kind of modified link with some session value.

In any case, it would be good to keep this information in the forum. Other people might be interested in this way to solve that.

Thank you!

Oleg.