Javascript page download

Keith 05/05/2008 07:47 am
I am trying to download a site where the text and links on the pages is rendered using javascript. The site is http://www.fundlistings.com. I am using Offline Explorer Pro 3.2. Could I download the pages any better if I upgraded?

Thanks
Keith
Oleg Chernavin 05/06/2008 12:55 pm
It is possible to download this site with some tricks in Offline Explorer Pro 5.0. You will have to allow script calculations in the Project Properties dialog - Advanced section.

Then download the project. However this will download only the popup windows, but not the charts inside them.

The only way to get chart images is to select this Project, click the AutoSave button on the Internal Browser toolbar and then click Browse. Then click on each of the company lines to show the popup. Offline Explorer Pro should download missing files. This is a semi-manual operation, but so far this is the only way to load the charts.

The version on our site has an issue that loads the chart images (using the AutoSave method), but not displays them correctly in the browser. I just fixed it. If you will decide to use this semi-manual download way, let me know and I will upload the updated version.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Keithh 05/06/2008 06:03 pm
Hi Oleg

Thanks for your very helpful response. In fact you are looking fay ahead of me. I need to retrieve only the text pages with all the prices of the unit trusts. I don''t need the charts and popups

In IE I see an alphabetic list of links to pages starting with A, B etc. Clicking these gives the pages of unit trust prices. Then there are next and previous links generated by javascript. I need these too, so that I can download the full lists of unit trust prices. Can you confirm that I will be able to download this automatically in Version 5.0 if I allow script calculations?

Thanks very much for your help!

Keith

> It is possible to download this site with some tricks in Offline Explorer Pro 5.0. You will have to allow script calculations in the Project Properties dialog - Advanced section.
>
> Then download the project. However this will download only the popup windows, but not the charts inside them.
>
> The only way to get chart images is to select this Project, click the AutoSave button on the Internal Browser toolbar and then click Browse. Then click on each of the company lines to show the popup. Offline Explorer Pro should download missing files. This is a semi-manual operation, but so far this is the only way to load the charts.
>
> The version on our site has an issue that loads the chart images (using the AutoSave method), but not displays them correctly in the browser. I just fixed it. If you will decide to use this semi-manual download way, let me know and I will upload the updated version.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 05/07/2008 07:54 am
Yes, it gets these links. You need to allow script calculations in the Project Properties dialog - Advanced section and add the following command to the URLs field:

Additional=ParseIncludedScripts

Also, I can suggest you to install Offline Explorer Pro 5.0:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/opsetup.exe

and then update its oe.exe file with the latest version:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/OEP2759.ZIP

Oleg.
Keithh 05/07/2008 05:38 pm
Oleg, Thanks for all your help. I have installed version 5 as you suggested.

I can now download most of the site, but don''t seem to be able to get the pages that are linked from Previous Page and Next Page. These are javascript functions again. Am I missing something? Hope you can help with this last small point!

Following links in the internal browser seems to not work. The links us @ buit the files are stored with _40.

Clicking addresses in the Map view also does not open the files in the internal browser. Page not found error.

Thanks
Keith

Oleg Chernavin 05/08/2008 09:08 am
I was able to fix the _40 symbols issue. However Getting Next links is still impossible. I tried to find it out, but nothing helped. Sorry.

Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 05/08/2008 09:09 am
However Back links work well now. But I know it is not enough.

Oleg.
Keithh 05/09/2008 06:47 pm
Thanks Oleg for your help. Can I get the version with _40 fixed and Back Links?

Thanks, Keith
Oleg Chernavin 05/11/2008 07:03 am
Sure. Here is the latest oe.exe file:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/OEP2765.ZIP

Oleg.