Crashes seem to be back
|Peter Hawkins||02/27/2008 03:16 pm|
|Regarding my post of 27th first the same problem is back. I have put up with the crashes for about a week now but they are too frequent now. Just to be sure I re-installed Windows clean from scratch, applied all Windows updates and installed OE Pro as the only application, i.e. no anti-virus, firewall etc.
About 20 seconds into my first download I got
Access Violation at address 004081FB in module OE.exe Read of address ......
One thing I have noticed is that when this happens the address is very similar and the error always happens with items in the parser queue. The actual queue still gets downloaded but no more entries are added. The parser seems to be crashing. It's also not specific to one site, I have about 5 projects, all different sites and all have crashed at some time.
Any ideas, I'm on 4.9.2678 SR1
|Oleg Chernavin||02/28/2008 07:41 am|
|I just released new versions (4.9 SR2) which should fix this issue. Can you please try it?
|Peter Hawkins||02/28/2008 06:37 pm|
|Tried that. I got message dialogue windows with "Access Violation at address 0042ECF3 in module OE.exe Read of address ...... " the dialogues spawn so quickly that I can't click fast enough to dismiss them. However that parser now keeps running, now I just have a screen full of hundreds of message dialogues!
> I just released new versions (4.9 SR2) which should fix this issue. Can you please try it?
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
|Oleg Chernavin||02/29/2008 07:28 am|
|I am trying to reproduce this, but it works stable. Does this happen on all Web sites or on some of them?
Do you do anything else during the download? What if you simply run Offline Explorer Pro, start the download and keep the screen intact for some time. Would it fail or keep running smoothly?
|Coriolis||02/29/2008 09:17 am|
|I just wanted to chime in that I had this experience as well. Within a few minutes of starting OEP SP2 I had a large number of parser failures, both in the log and as the standard Windows popup. I went back to running the last beta and the errors went away.|
|Oleg Chernavin||02/29/2008 10:13 am|
|I fixed that.
Please install the updated version.
|Peter Hawkins||02/29/2008 03:22 pm|
|No still problems, I got these message in the first minute of a download. I have to remove the URL's as these are private internal sites and I am not allowed to release details. This download was a very small site.
ERROR - 29/02/2008 20:18:06 - Parser error 2: Invalid pointer operation URL: XXXXXXXXX
ERROR - 29/02/2008 20:18:06 - Parser error 2: Access violation at address 0040820B in module 'OE.exe'. Read of address 00001509 URL: XXXXXX
ERROR - 29/02/2008 20:18:07 - Parser error 2: Invalid pointer operation URL: XXXXXXX
ERROR - 29/02/2008 20:18:07 - Parser error 1: Access violation at address 0040820B in module 'OE.exe'. Read of address 3C3C0604 URL: XXXXXXX
> I fixed that.
> Please install the updated version.
|Oleg Chernavin||02/29/2008 03:50 pm|
|Can you please find some small public site where download fails? Then please select the Project that reproduces errors, use Edit - Copy in the main menu and paste it to this forum? Along with the log error messages, please.
|Peter Hawkins||03/04/2008 01:35 pm|
Well I ran it against this site, i.e. your forum and I got the following error and the parser stalled:
ERROR - 04/03/2008 18:32:55 - Parser error 2: Access violation at address 0040820B in module 'OE.exe'. Read of address FC240604 URL: http://www.metaproducts.com/forum/
This is the project:
> Can you please find some small public site where download fails? Then please select the Project that reproduces errors, use Edit - Copy in the main menu and paste it to this forum? Along with the log error messages, please.
> Thank you!
|Oleg Chernavin||03/04/2008 02:11 pm|
|I found this error. It was connected to the display of Downloaded files counter (above connections). It happened on some computers, perhaps, something related with video driver.
I replaced with updated versions:
New version already works for 3 days with no interruption and no errors on a system where it was failing every hour.
|Peter Hawkins||03/05/2008 06:31 pm|
So far I have run it for about 3hrs with no problems. Will try longer runs over the weekend when we copy some internal sites weekly.
So far so good.
Thanks for all the help and the quick response.
> I found this error. It was connected to the display of Downloaded files counter (above connections). It happened on some computers, perhaps, something related with video driver.
> I replaced with updated versions:
> New version already works for 3 days with no interruption and no errors on a system where it was failing every hour.
|Oleg Chernavin||03/06/2008 04:53 am|
|This is great! Thank you!
|Peter Hawkins||03/10/2008 08:10 pm|
|Thanks very much for the great support. I ran OE all weekend with no problems.
> This is great! Thank you!
|Oleg Chernavin||03/11/2008 09:13 am|
|Thank you for good news!