will map rebuild and delete files after updating

yiy 09/14/2007 10:44 pm
Hello:

I have downloaded a subforum with attachments,after two days ,I found the size is very big and sure this forum did not have this big size.Finally I found that it have many duplicate attachments (pictures)and might be some duplicate threads content.But I do not know what is the cause.Therefore I modified the option to check file size besides modified date,it is successfully to decrease the large size ,therefore no duplicates I think.

Questions is after updating the changes,I have lose a lot of map folders ,(but it is still in my local directory),does that mean the map will be rebuilded to automatically delele the duplicate files(after I checked the "check file size")?I do not need to manually find the duplicate to delete it?

Second question is ,I suppose the duplicate files is due to session Id ,but when I use the substitute url,the project said complete,it seems that I have filtered off too much.
URL:
replace:
?s=*&
with:
?
(this ruled I searched from this forum)

Do you think there other reasons caused the duplicate files besides session id?But now I rely only on check file size and modified date and time,but do you think it is reliable to not miss any file when updating ?

Thks for your kind support
Oleg Chernavin 09/15/2007 02:06 pm
Offline Explorer doesn't remove files and Map entries automatically even if change the Project settings. You can do it only manually.

Second question - this looks correct, so I don't know what could be wrong.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff