How to log ONLY parser messages?

Peter Hawkins 09/01/2007 12:44 pm
I have a project under the latest version of OE Pro (4.8.2628). It always downloads the queue and then sits with the parser count stuck (the parser queue size varies). The program is not locked, the project can be stopped OK. I have tried leaving the system, in one case I left it for 16 hours with the parser stuck on 691 files. The site has a lot of .php files. I want to find what file the parser is stuck on. I have tried to filter the log but it gets swamped by the detaled messages of the connections.

Is there any wany to log ONLY parser messages, nothing else.
Oleg Chernavin 09/02/2007 09:20 am
Please try to enable only Queue messages. This should help. Let me know which file stops the parsing. I will try to reproduce this.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Peter Hawkins 09/02/2007 02:21 pm
It seems to be trying to parse a 300MB mpeg file. The strange thing is that while there are entries in the download queue it apparantley parses mpg files OK. Once the download queue is empty it stops on the next mpg file that it tries to parse. The mpg files are already downloaded from a previous session. It isn't any particular mpg file, it just stops on the next mpg file it finds once the download queue is empty.

Surely OE shouldn't be parsing mpg files at all?
Peter Hawkins 09/02/2007 03:31 pm
> It seems to be trying to parse a 300MB mpeg file. The strange thing is that while there are entries in the download queue it apparantley parses mpg files OK. Once the download queue is empty it stops on the next mpg file that it tries to parse. The mpg files are already downloaded from a previous session. It isn't any particular mpg file, it just stops on the next mpg file it finds once the download queue is empty.
>
> Surely OE shouldn't be parsing mpg files at all?

Just to update if I deselect Video files it works OK
Oleg Chernavin 09/03/2007 02:00 am
Can you please give me a link to these MPG files, so I would see how it goes and fix the issue?

Thank you!

Oleg.
Peter Hawkins 09/03/2007 05:04 am
> Can you please give me a link to these MPG files, so I would see how it goes and fix the issue?
> > Thank you!
> > Oleg.

Oleg,

Sorry I can't give you a link as it is a subscriber based training site, which I am not allowed to pass the login details for outside our company. I can tell you that it is not related to any particular mpeg file. I've tried it lots of times and each time it seems to stop on a different file. The only way the parsing works is if I untick the Video option in file filters, but then I can't download the other mpeg files on the site.
Oleg Chernavin 09/03/2007 07:52 am
OK. Can you please turn on Logging (Ctrl+W) and enable detailed logs. Start the download and then after OE starts parsing MPG file, save and send the log file to me to support@metaproducts.com ?

This would help me to identify the problem.

Oleg.
Peter Hawkins 09/03/2007 08:15 am
> OK. Can you please turn on Logging (Ctrl+W) and enable detailed logs. Start the download and then after OE starts parsing MPG file, save and send the log file to me to support@metaproducts.com ?
> > This would help me to identify the problem.
> > Oleg.

Will do. Thanks for the fast response.
Oleg Chernavin 09/03/2007 08:42 am
You are welcome! Let me know when you send it.

Oleg.
Peter Hawkins 09/23/2007 08:34 am
> You are welcome! Let me know when you send it.
>
> Oleg.

Hi, Oleg. Unfortunatley I'm haven't been allowed to send details outside of the company by my superiors. However I can confirm that OE seems to stick parsing huge .mpg files. Why would OE be parsing mpeg files at all?

Peter
Oleg Chernavin 09/23/2007 09:22 am
It should not do this. Can you please send me a link to such MPG file, so I could change the code?

Oleg.