Javascript Parsing issue

Ran 08/23/2007 06:37 pm
I have a page which has javascript and works fine within OE browser. But when exported the site to local, OE tries to parse the javascript expression wrongly, which causes my pages not to work when viewed offline through IE.

The behaviour can be tested using this link: http://www.frequency-decoder.com/demo/table-sort-revisited/custom-sort-functions/

Please let me know, if there is a work around to resolve this issue.

Thanks
Oleg Chernavin 08/24/2007 08:11 am
Thank you for noticing this! We just fixed the issue. If you need, we can provide you with the updated version shortly.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
ran 08/27/2007 05:38 pm
Could you please direct me to download the latest version.

Thanks
Ran

> Thank you for noticing this! We just fixed the issue. If you need, we can provide you with the updated version shortly.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 08/28/2007 07:03 am
You can download the updated oe.exe file here:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oep2646.zip

Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 08/29/2007 03:27 am
You can use Registry editor to change one of the values.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Metaproducts\Offline Explorer Pro\Parameters
SkipHTMLOnExport DWORD value - set it to 0.

Oleg.
ran 08/29/2007 10:00 am
I do not see SkipHTMLOnExport DWORD under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Metaproducts\Offline Explorer Pro\Parameters. Please let me know, if I am missing anything.

Thanks
Ran.

> You can use Registry editor to change one of the values.
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Metaproducts\Offline Explorer Pro\Parameters
> SkipHTMLOnExport DWORD value - set it to 0.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 08/29/2007 10:27 am
Please create it and set to 0.

Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 08/29/2007 10:28 am
Sorry, set it to 1, please.

Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 08/30/2007 06:29 am
Sorry, SkimHTML... or SkipHTMLOnExport ?

Regarding E-mail messages - do you mean Webmail pages or .eml files on your disk?

Oleg.
Ran 08/30/2007 09:33 am
Thanks for your prompt reply.

I meant SkipHTMLOnExport.

Email messages: I am trying to open up .msg file, and crawl through that for any hyperlinks and archive the pages. Please let me know, if that is possible?

Thanks
Ranjani.

> Sorry, SkimHTML... or SkipHTMLOnExport ?
>
> Regarding E-mail messages - do you mean Webmail pages or .eml files on your disk?
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 09/01/2007 06:13 am
I just checked it and it workes perfectly with the 4.8 SR1 version. It doesn't add HTML tag to the exported files.

Regarding .msg files - can you send us an example of such file to support@metaproducts.com ?

Oleg.
ran 09/04/2007 11:12 am
For some reason, I am having hard time making it to work.

Did you have to uninstall the older version before installing this version? Also did you add skipHTMLOnExport under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Metaproducts\Offline Explorer Pro\Parameters?

Thanks
Ranjani.

> I just checked it and it workes perfectly with the 4.8 SR1 version. It doesn't add HTML tag to the exported files.
>
> Regarding .msg files - can you send us an example of such file to support@metaproducts.com ?
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 09/04/2007 11:37 am
Uninstall is not necessary. Yes, I used that value in exactly that key of Windows Registry.

Oleg.
ran 09/04/2007 11:52 am
Thanks Oleg.. It is working fine now...

I sent an email to support regarding email messages.

Thanks and appreciate your help.
Ranjani.

> Uninstall is not necessary. Yes, I used that value in exactly that key of Windows Registry.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 09/04/2007 12:12 pm
You are welcome!

Oleg.