Downloading linuxforums.org

Rounak 08/23/2007 12:49 pm
I am trying to download the entire website : www.linuxforums.org
I wish that I receive ALL links starting with http://www.linuxforums.org/ and NO links which do not start with the same.
Please see if my settings are correct :

These are my Project settings:
URL Filters:

Protocol : Load all protocols
Servers : Load files only with the starting SERVER
Directory: Load files from all directories
Filename : Load all filenames

All other settings : default

One of the problems I am facing after partially completing the project is :

When I click on "Linux forum"
on the page www.linuxforums.org/default.htm, I reach the next page
where again I click "Mandriva Linux Help", I reach the next page where I see a bar showing page numbers

I can click on 1,2,3,4,5,11,51,101 and all the pages open properly. However, how should I get the other pages too (I mean pages between 11-51 and between 51-101 and so on? My major concern though is how should I open the “thread” links on page 2 (and further pages.). Is it practically impossible to download a forum website entirely with all threads?

Also, one needs to be logged on to “search”. Is there some remedy for this too while browsing offline?
I have read a topic called "Downloading forum" in your forums but I have not started form the internal browser as you had suggeted in that topic. What should I do now?

Thanks in advance
Oleg Chernavin 08/24/2007 08:20 am
To get to 51-101 pages and so on you will have to load the entire forum, because 50th page should have a link to 51, etc.

I don't think you will be able to use the search form on that site while browsing offline. Instead, please use Offline Explorer's full-text search in the Edit - Find Contents menu.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
rounak 08/24/2007 01:12 pm
Thanks for the prompt reply.

u mean, i will have to set "Levels:Infinite" and download the entire forum
Oleg Chernavin 08/25/2007 03:05 am
I see no other way.

Oleg.