How to automatically close OE after certain time?

TJ 08/16/2007 03:41 pm
Hi,

By using the parameter /CloseNoCountdown or /Close I can ask the system to close OE once it finished the spidering.

However, what if I want the system to close OE when it finished the spidering in less than 2 hours or when it has passed the time limitation of 2 hours? Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 08/16/2007 03:43 pm
You can use Windows Scheduler to run oe.exe with the /close parameter at a certain time. This will force the opened window of Offline Explorer to react this command. This doesn't start another copy of it.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
TJ 08/16/2007 06:09 pm
Thanks for the quick reply but this is still a manual approach since I need to manully set up the windows scheduler.

Let me specify my problem:

I have developed a simple small Jave program. The program will get for example 500 urls from my url list file and use the command line to ask OE to spider them. Once OE finished the spidering, OE will close automatically. Then another 500 urls will be sent to OE for spidering.

However, I found that sometimes OE will spend several hours to spider some strange files no matter how the settings are (e.g., limit number of retries). I hope OE can be set to close itself if it has spent too much time in spidering a project.

Can I realize this through the command line parameters of OE? If not, I would appreciate it a lot if you can suggest some Java class or methods I can utilize for this problem.

> You can use Windows Scheduler to run oe.exe with the /close parameter at a certain time. This will force the opened window of Offline Explorer to react this command. This doesn't start another copy of it.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 08/17/2007 01:27 am
Can you please show me some examples of such strange spidering? Perhaps, I could be able to solve it this way.

Oleg.