It appears that IE7 (WinXP SP2) is caching some information that Offline Explorer is tapping into during the Export process (incorrectly).
I did clear my temporary internet files cache, etc....
Sequence of events:
1. Downloaded project
2. Browsed offline (worked great - still does)
3. Exported as standard local export
4. Accessed the exported copy
4.a. This worked intermittently - See message about CRLF -> LF issues
5. PROBLEM - Exported MHT
5.a. Level 1 and Level 2 are fine
5.b. On Level 3:
- any links I accessed in step 4 show up as absolute URL's to original website
- any links I skipped in step 4 show up as relative URL's
6. Exported CHM
6.a Everthing works great there
I tried the MHT Export multiple times, with every combination of export settings possible. Same problem every time....
No problems on the main entry page:
No problems on this second level page:
Link problems start showing up on this third level page:
But, like I stated above - only those links I accessed in Step 4 gave the problem of resolving to the internet instead of to the locally captured site reference.