OEP v4.6 and Vista

Ray 03/02/2007 12:21 am
These two problems seem to be related.

I can mouse right-click in an IE7 webpage and the Download the Current Page option appears but selecting it does not create a new project. Similarly, clicking on a link in an IE7 webpage and selecting Download the Link appears as an option but does not work in IE7.

I also DL a lot from Rapidshare.com. In the past I could load a Rapidshare URL in IE7, enter my premium account and password numbers, and OEP would then be able to use the cookie that IE7 had retreived from Rapidshare. This does not work with OEP v4.6, IE7 and Vista.

However, if I use the browser window in OEP these all work as they previosuly did in OEP v4.5 with IE7 under WinXP and the same OEP configuration.

The Rapidshare thing is minor but I would really like to be able to use the IE7 right-click options again to create projects for OEP again. Please help.

Oleg Chernavin 03/02/2007 08:12 am
Can you please try to run OE in administrative mode once to allow it to register its integration? This helps in most cases.

Regarding the second issue - please try to check the NTLM box in the Options dialog - Proxy section and click the OK button. Would this help?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Ray 03/03/2007 08:49 pm
> Can you please try to run OE in administrative mode once to allow it to register its integration? This helps in most cases.
>
> Regarding the second issue - please try to check the NTLM box in the Options dialog - Proxy section and click the OK button. Would this help?
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Thanks Oleg. Unfortunately, no joy on either problem. I even uninstalled and reinstalled in admin mode.

Some of the OE registry keys look odd (one even includes the text " ... Real_Player ..." and I have not installed Real Player on this system). I am going to try more in the registry -- since Vista is total garbage and it looks like I am going to have to learn a whole new set of registry tricks to live with it anyway. If I cannot find the specific problems I will uninstall OE, delete the OE registry keys entirely, then reinstall again in admin mode, and compare the results (I have already exported reg key copies for that purpose).

For others reading this:

[1] I blame these problems on Vista -- I get payed well to be an early adopter and live with these headachs. I have used MetaProducts products for years and have nothing but good to say about them.

[2] One should not try registry tricks unless they know how to take precautions first and are still willing to risk having to do a total Windows reinstall.

[3] If I find something usefull I will report it here.
Oleg Chernavin 03/04/2007 10:25 am
Can you contact me directly at support@metaproducts.com ? Let's try to go into some more details to try to work this around.

Oleg.