Can OE handle this site (complicated structure, buildframes and including shockwave files)

kalankalia 01/09/2007 11:42 am
I downloaded the trial of offline explorer, but i cant download this site: http://www.interactivephysiology.com/login/digestdemo/home/index2.html

U can click on "Digestive" from left, than at any of those sections. I want to download this whole "site" (i.e. "orientation", "motility" etc etc). The most important files in this are the shockwave files.

Can someone please tell me how to do this. My trial is about to expire, and i want to know if offline explorer can handle such complicated websites.
Oleg Chernavin 01/10/2007 10:08 am
I looked at the site and it is quite simple for the download. You only need to allow downloading from the /login/digestdemo/ directory and below in the Project Properties dialog - URL Filters - Directory. Set Level to 10.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
kalankalia 01/10/2007 02:15 pm
> I looked at the site and it is quite simple for the download. You only need to allow downloading from the /login/digestdemo/ directory and below in the Project Properties dialog - URL Filters - Directory. Set Level to 10.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

I doesnt work for me :S I tried to set the directory. And did NOT change other setttings. It doesnt download the files and besides, it downloads all kind of junk :( Can u please tell me which settings i have to change only? Cause i did not change anything except what u said. Is it maybe possible to send me the settings in a file that can be opened with OE?

Thanks
kalankalia 01/10/2007 02:22 pm
Srry, i added those to the excluded directorys :S

But even when i add those to the INcluding directory, it doesnt download the files:

[img]http://i11.tinypic.com/2j4anis.png[img]

See the image above: it seems to be a frame problem? '/' is being replaced by '_2F'. ??? Why?
Oleg Chernavin 01/11/2007 08:01 am
The change in symbols is correct, because this is the filename part (everything after ? symbol). Can you tell me, what exact files are not loaded? You can turn on logging (Ctrl+W) and enable to show rejected URLs there to see why exactly certain files were not loaded.

Oleg.
kalankalia 01/30/2007 05:08 pm
> The change in symbols is correct, because this is the filename part (everything after ? symbol). Can you tell me, what exact files are not loaded? You can turn on logging (Ctrl+W) and enable to show rejected URLs there to see why exactly certain files were not loaded.
>
> Oleg.

Hi,

my pc isnt working, so ill have to find out what wrong with it. Ill send a screen recorded demo when pc is working again.

Kalan
Oleg Chernavin 01/31/2007 05:21 am
OK. I will wait.

Oleg.