Multiple download files locations

Nick 07/28/2006 07:31 am
If I, for example, download 10 projects to C:\download and 10 separate ones to C:\downlaod2 and then leave the download location set to C:\download2, then if I try and download one of the first 10 again then OE re-downloads all teh files for the project even though the files are already present in C:\download. Is there any way to force OE to look for downloaded files in a number of locations? I have a large number of projects and I would like to strore then in different locations. I accept that OE will always download new files to a single location, but it would be great if you could sepcify a list of paths to look at first.

ideally I would have a single download directory with several subfolders including one called download. All new files would go into download and I would sort projects into other subfolders myself. However, I would need OE to be able to search all other subfolders for "already downloaded" files. Is there any way I can achieve this?

Oleg Chernavin 07/28/2006 09:11 am
You can create several folders in Offline Explorer Pro, set their own Download Directories using the Folder Properties dialog and download the Projects the way you want. Once you need to transfer a Project with all its downloaded files to another directory, drag it to the corresponding folder and this will also move the downloaded files.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Nick 07/31/2006 01:22 pm
The only problem with this is that it means that you can end up with multiple copies of the same file. Normally, if two pojects overlap (ie both link to a common file) then if OE is set to only download new files then it doesn't reload this file. It just sees that it is already there and adds a pointer to it in the .map file. However, when there are different download locations set up for two projects which overlap then you just get two copies of the file - one in each download location. I understand that this is probably desirable in some cases, but I don't want to waste disk pace storing things more than once. Is there a way to prevent duplictate files being stored when you have multiple download locations defined?

for example, if I download a page in a folder set to download to C:\download and I then try and download the same page in a folder set to download to C:\download2 I would like the program to notice that the files already exist in C:\download and not to re-download them to C:\download2 but simply link the .map entries to the files in c:\download. Is this possible?

Thanks
Oleg Chernavin 08/01/2006 03:49 pm
I see, but this is impossible now. Sorry.

Oleg.
Nick 08/02/2006 05:04 am
ok. Thanks for your help.