Queues empty, but icons indicate downloading

Steve K. 04/14/2006 01:08 am
Hello,

I've used Offline Explorer Pro for many years, and many versions. Until very recently, I was able to select 2-3 folders (each containing numerous projects within subfolders), then start a manual download using the toolbar icon, then look at the system tray icon to learn when the project updates are complete. Alternatively, I could look at the project icons, or the queue tab, or the download-progress pane, to learn the status of the project updates (project downloads).

But now, perhaps after installing v4.2, the system tray icon never stops spinning. And the queue tab always looks empty even if the selected project icon displays the downward-arrow icon indicating that the project has yet to be updated or downloaded. Likewise, the download-progress pane shows no new activity, even though numerous project icons show downloads in progress.

When I check the WinXP Task Manager, the OEP application appears to be running normally.

I have not actually changed or added any OEP projects for at least a couple weeks. So I don't know what is causing this. Regardless of what the WinXP Task Manager says, at least some part of OEP appears to be locked up whenever I seek to update my projects. And I do this almost every day.

Even when I try to download single projects I known to be reliable, this happens. And sometimes I'll get an access violation when I attempt to stop the downloading. Then I must actually shut-down the application to stop the downloading -- or apparent downloading.

Could I go back to a previous version of OEP? I really need this application to work -- my own work, my own livelihood, depends upon it.

Sincerely,
Steve K.

Oleg Chernavin 04/14/2006 05:20 am
Thank you! I fixed the problem. Can you please update your oe.exe file to this one:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oep2377.zip

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Steve K. 04/14/2006 11:19 pm
I used the new OEP.EXE on single projects and a huge number of projects across multiple folders -- in all cases, it worked great! Once again, thanks for your prompt and effective response. I'm surprised this problem was not previously detected, but your support more than makes up for it. Indeed, I could not ask for better support.
Oleg Chernavin 04/17/2006 04:28 am
Thank you for your kind words!

Oleg.