Playing files

Denis 04/13/2006 04:13 pm
After downloading files, and then playing them using WMP it is not possible to fast forward or rewind the playing movie. Is it normal or there are settings I am not aware of.

If it is normal is there a converter that can be used

I am using Offline Explorer Pro 4.2, and trying to play the file saved with extension .wmv

Thanks for the help.
Oleg Chernavin 04/14/2006 03:32 am
Sorry, this is a known problem, but we haven't found a solution yet.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Denis 04/14/2006 05:34 pm
> Sorry, this is a known problem, but we haven't found a solution yet.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Has anyone ran across the same issue, and found solution.
Thanks for any help in advance. Spasiba.
Ben 04/05/2008 10:10 pm
Yes..............I have encountered the same problem with the wmv videos I get from aebn. The timecode isn't there or flawed and I can't fast forward or rewind. I open the file in Windows Media Encoder File Editor and save the file again and it is re-indexed and usually works. I can then take entire movies and divide them into scenes with the file editor. There are a few files I can't change and I don't know why. If I change the file name and extension that was downloaded with OEP they won't play at all. If I use windows "open with" right click option and choose media player I can play the file but can't fast forward or rewind. Interesting??? Thank you.
Oleg Chernavin 04/06/2008 07:21 am
Yes, can you please send me a sample link to such file? We will try to correct the indexing code.

Thank you!

Oleg.