Question about updating projects

Pablo 03/07/2006 09:53 am
Hello. I have some downloaded websites that are huge (several megabytes). Looking at the folders and files, I have found that there are some folders and files that are not useful, so I have decided to include them in the URL filter options so they are not downloaded anymore.
The questions are:

1) If I manually delete those files, should I update the project with Shift-F5?
- Or OEP will automatically delete those files on the next update with F5 ?
- What is exactly the difference between F5, Shift-F5 and Ctrl-F5?

2) If for any reason I lost all the .map project files. What is the better way to rebuild them without
downloading everything again ? Ctrl-F5 or Shift-F5 ?

Thank you,
Pablo.
Oleg Chernavin 03/07/2006 10:03 am
1. The best way to exclude folders is to use the Project Map - right-click a folder you don`t need and select Disable from Loading. Then delete it from the Map.

F5 simply starts the Project using the File Modification Check parameters from its Properties dialog. Shift, Ctrl, Alt + F5 change that setting and then start the download.

2. Use Ctrl+F5 to rebuild the map - this will use Do Not Load Existing Files setting.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Pablo 03/07/2006 10:55 am
So to update the .MAP files of the project I have to use Ctrl-F5 (download the missing files) ??
I thought that I have to use Shift-F5 (update project) !
Didn`t you confuse Shift with Ctrl ?

Thank you very much.
Pablo.

> 1. The best way to exclude folders is to use the Project Map - right-click a folder you don`t need and select Disable from Loading. Then delete it from the Map.
>
> F5 simply starts the Project using the File Modification Check parameters from its Properties dialog. Shift, Ctrl, Alt + F5 change that setting and then start the download.
>
> 2. Use Ctrl+F5 to rebuild the map - this will use Do Not Load Existing Files setting.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 03/07/2006 11:15 am
Both will restore the Map, but the first one will also check all downloaded files, whether they were updated or not.

Oleg.