Question about RunAfter=

Pablo 02/04/2006 09:13 am
Hello. I`m trying to use the RunAfter= command to execute an external program after a project has been downloaded. The external program requires a parameter, like:

RunAfter=program -parameter

However, I have found that the RunAfter= command executes the program if I don`t put the -parameter. Is this correct ?
I have tryed also with RunAfter="program -parameter" (between quotes), but does not work neither.

Of course, there is a way to fix this with an external .bat file, but it is not too "elegant".

Any suggestions about the RunAfter= command?

Thank you!
Oleg Chernavin 02/06/2006 09:43 am
I just tried the following combination and it worked well:

RunAfter=NOTEPAD.EXE c:\file.txt

I have no programs here that accept -param, so I can`t test this case exactly, but as I understand, it should work well. Does this executable program have .exe extension?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Pablo 02/07/2006 04:10 pm
I have solved the issue with a .BAT file, and it is now working OK.
Thank you.

> I just tried the following combination and it worked well:
>
> RunAfter=NOTEPAD.EXE c:\file.txt
>
> I have no programs here that accept -param, so I can`t test this case exactly, but as I understand, it should work well. Does this executable program have .exe extension?
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 02/08/2006 04:15 am
OK. But could you please tell me how exactly did you try to use that command before? Maybe I will be able to reproduce the flaw and fix it?

Oleg.
Pablo 02/08/2006 06:43 am
I have tryed again with this (without using an external .bat file), and found out where was my problem: I was not including the .EXE extension in the external exe file. I was just invoking it by the name, as if I was on a commandline.
My use of RunAfter is to send an e-mail when the project was finished, like:
RunAfter=sendmail.exe -ini -sub "VARIABLE TEXT" -body "DOWNLOAD FINISHED"

with the .EXE after "sendmail", it is working; so I think there is nothing to fix in OE.

Thank you !

> OK. But could you please tell me how exactly did you try to use that command before? Maybe I will be able to reproduce the flaw and fix it?
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 02/08/2006 07:07 am
Yes, it requires a real file. By the way, to send an E-mail when the download finishes, you can use the feature of Offline Explorer - open the Options dialog - Completion section.

Oleg.