About "Prevent overloading" folders

Pablo 01/31/2006 08:06 am
Hello. I`m downloading sites with large number of files. As suggested, I have enabled the parameter "Prevent Overloading ..." for folders with more than 1000 files.

The question is: when I want to "surf" these downloaded sites, they can only be surfed using OE`s built-in browser. If I try to surf them using Internet Explorer, the files stored on the %&Ovr folders are not visible (file not found error). Is this correct ? Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you very much.
Pablo.
Oleg Chernavin 01/31/2006 04:50 pm
Yes, the Internal server inside Offline Explorer works around these subfolders. To browse such files outside Offline Explorer, please export the downloaded Project (File | Export). This will correct all links to make them pointing to the correct subfolders when necessary.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Pablo 02/01/2006 06:41 am
Thank you Oleg for your answer.
Please let me comment another two issues with OE:

1- I`m letting OE run during the nights, downloading some sites. When I came back to the computer in the mornings, in 50% of the cases, I find the computer with the following message (approximately): "Error: the application could not be finished. Press OK to close it." Then I click OK, and the OE icon in the tray icon bar dissapears (OE is closed). I do NOT have the "close program when all the projects are finished" checked, so It should not self-close. I`m using OEP 4.1.2319.

2- After a normal OE run downloading some sites, when I close the program, the hard disk runs for a long, long time (over 1 minute). Is this correct? The software was idle for a long time after the last download, and all the contents are finished and ready. I think OE has had enough time for committing the files and caches... ? Perhaps a "commit action" has to be added when the software is idle; it could be safer, don`t you think?
Perhaps this is all a Windows behaviour you can`t manage.

Thank you,
Pablo.

> Yes, the Internal server inside Offline Explorer works around these subfolders. To browse such files outside Offline Explorer, please export the downloaded Project (File | Export). This will correct all links to make them pointing to the correct subfolders when necessary.
> > Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 02/01/2006 08:29 am
Can you please run Offline Explorer from the command line this way:

oe.exe /NoDB

Would this cause these errors to disappear?

Oleg.
Pablo 02/01/2006 08:36 am
OK. I will try tonight running the OE icon with the /NoDB parameter.
Is this related to the point 1 of my post, or point 2, or both ?
Pablo.

> Can you please run Offline Explorer from the command line this way:
> > oe.exe /NoDB
> > Would this cause these errors to disappear?
> > Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 02/01/2006 08:41 am
Both issues might be related to the database that is used there. The database is not critical, so you can test without it.

Oleg.
Pablo 02/01/2006 02:34 pm
I`m doing my first tests with the parameter /NoDB.
Observing the downloaded folders, now I can see several hundreds of ".primary" files which I didn`t have before. Is this correct: when using the /NoDB parameter, the information is stored in the .primary files?
Or they have nothing to do...?
Thanks. Pablo.

> Both issues might be related to the database that is used there. The database is not critical, so you can test without it.
> > Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 02/02/2006 02:04 am
Yes, these files contain original (unchanged links) Web pages for later updates. Please complete the tests to make sure that the database is wrong or not here.

Oleg.
Pablo 02/07/2006 04:23 pm
Dear Oleg, sorry but it took me some time to make the tests. This is the report:

- After several hours of OEP working during the nights, I always get a Windows warning:
"Not enough virtual memory; Windows is expanding virtual memory" (my machine is a P4 with 256
MB RAM, and 500 to 700 Mb assigned to virtual memory).

- If I close OEP, the HD works hardly for about 2 minutes, until OEP is really closed.

- Sometimes, in the mornings, I find the computer with the following message (approximately): "Error: the application could not be finished. Press OK to close it." Then I click OK, and the OE icon in the tray icon bar dissapears (OE is closed). I do NOT have the "close program when all the projects are finished" checked, so It should not self-close.

- I have tryed with oe.exe and also with oe.exe /NoDB, with the same results (except that I have
now thousands of .primary files. I hope that if I run again oe.exe, they will be deleted...?)

In my opinion, OEP might be doing some of these...
- Not commiting the files when every project is finished, OR
- While working, it is "eating" memory.

Any suggestions ?
Regards,
Pablo.

Oleg Chernavin 02/08/2006 06:13 am
It is possible that Offline Explorer loads files faster than it can process and its parsing queue fills up. As a solution, please try to set 2 seconds delay between downloads in the Options dialog.

Oleg.
Pablo 02/08/2006 06:28 am
I think the reason has to be something different because of this: when I close OEP (and writes to the HD for about 2 minutes), it`s been hours since it has finished downloading. I mean: the hard disk is not working until I close OEP.
Pablo.

> It is possible that Offline Explorer loads files faster than it can process and its parsing queue fills up. As a solution, please try to set 2 seconds delay between downloads in the Options dialog.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 02/08/2006 07:08 am
When you exit, it saves MAP files (which can be big), Projects file (webdown.dat) and templates.

Oleg.