Error Reading from file log message
|Jan Martin Pettersen||01/13/2006 12:22 am|
|Hello.. I`ve encountered a strange behaviour in OE. Don`t really know why, but if I download THIS site, or any other for that matter, and it should store html files etc, it doesn`t succeed.
Not if it should store the file at least. I get it to download the files, but strangely enough it complains about not finding the path to the file it just downloaded????
HTTP0 - 13.01.2006 06:05:42 - Download complete. URL: http://arena.n-gage.com/n-gage/web/en/players/player_tips/walkthroughs/Skroqs_Snakes_Walkthrough.html
ERROR - 13.01.2006 06:05:42 - Error reading from file: Error code=00000003 Path not found
It would be most useful if that errormessage told me WHAT PATH it didn`t find by the way.
The project is brand new, and should download everything on the site, starting from that url.
limited to server only.
If I set it to not store the files, then it parses them, but cannot save anyway..
I use the default c:\download by the way, which is automatically appended with
A small note. I CAN download images and such, but not TEXT it seems.
If I enable TEXT then it downloads the file, then gives the errormessage above.
If I deselect TEXT then it downloads and parses, AND stores the images and such.
If I then again enable the TEXT then it downloads, doesn`t complain (and doesn`t parse it seems),
when I exit OE, it says: Access Violation at address 0060A73D in module `OE.EXE` Write of address 4520741
I use the 4.0 SP 2.
The problem seems to ONLY be with TEXT checkbox, if I add .htm and .html to User Defined and keep TEXT deselected, then it does as it should.
On other occations it has a tendency to crash at times, not really sure why, but at the time I usually was using the stop button, or was in the queue.
Jan Martin Pettersen
|Oleg Chernavin||01/13/2006 04:19 am|
|Can you please download the updated version here:
Unzip the file and replace the old oe.exe file with the new one. Please let me know how it works.
|Jan Martin Pettersen||01/13/2006 02:25 pm|
|> Can you please download the updated version here:
Seems like this one does what it should..
As far as I can see, for now anyway.
One thing while I`m at it.. Regarding the url I specified. There is some problems with the
url in script/event parsing in that one.
A onmouseover event where this is specified:
will be read as the url account.src=
And the same thing goes for quite some urls in the rest in the same page.
The reason for this is understandable, and probably not so easy to fix however.
Just to let you know.. Don`t need those files they point to at the moment.
Jan M Pettersen
|Oleg Chernavin||01/16/2006 11:16 am|
|I just loaded that page and all images on it are addressed correctly. At least, when looking in the Queue, there is no URL with ..../account.src=.....gif
|Jan Martin Pettersen||01/17/2006 07:23 am|
|> I just loaded that page and all images on it are addressed correctly. At least, when looking in the Queue, there is no URL with ..../account.src=.....gif
You probably didn`t check OTHER in that project?
If you open the source to that page you`ll see that every single of those .src= is assigned an url
of an image (.gif), but OE interprets accounts.src= to be a filename, and doesn`t see the assignment following the equal sign. This might be because that code uses \` (backslash apostrophe) as the quote for it (haven`t seen your code so I`m not sure).
These are some samples of the queue from http://arena.n-gage.com/n-gage/web/en/players/player_tips/walkthroughs/Skroqs_Snakes_Walkthrough.html
when using no level limit,and TEXT,IMAGE, USER, OTHER and EVALUATE SCRIPT is checked:
and as specified earlier all those .src= really is assignments of an url to an object/var.
I haven`t included the valid ones, just samples of the invalid ones.
Not that it matters much with just that page, but might display a unadressed flaw.. not that any
app can be perfect. Same result without `evaluate script` by the way.
J M Pettersen
|Oleg Chernavin||01/17/2006 07:27 am|
|Yes, I will fix most of them as well. In any case, they should not corrupt scripts.
|Jan Martin Pettersen||01/17/2006 07:30 am|
|By the way, this was with the OEP2303 you produced for my problem.
Would be the same in earlier version I`d guess..
J M Pettersen
|Jan Martin Pettersen||01/17/2006 07:33 am|
|> Yes, I will fix most of them as well. In any case, they should not corrupt scripts.
No I don`t think they corrupt the scripts or something like that, just misses the urls in just that kind of assignment inside an on* event at least.
|Oleg Chernavin||01/17/2006 07:34 am|
|Yes, I corrected such .src= links just a couple of minutes ago.
|Jan Martin Pettersen||01/17/2006 07:37 am|
|> Yes, I corrected such .src= links just a couple of minutes ago.
Absolutely beautiful.. I must say, one thing I like about those apps of yours
in addition to the app itself, is the support available..
Best I have encountered as I can remember.
|Oleg Chernavin||01/17/2006 08:59 am|
|Thank you for your kind words!