Javascript

Scott Spivey 10/31/2005 07:48 pm
I am trying to create a project to download .pdf files that are pulled up by a javascript popup. An example of a url that I am trying to download is:

javascript:popup(`http://www.mfs.com/wps/FileServerServlet?servletCommand=serveUnprotectedFileAsset&fileAssetPath=/files/documents/products/prospectus/aaf_pro.pdf`);

The page they are located on is:

http://www.mfs.com/wps/portal/!ut/p/.cmd/cs/.ce/7_0_A/.s/7_0_2S7/_s.7_0_A/7_0_2S7?clearPortletSession=true

All of the links on this page that I need to download are in the same javascript popup format.

I have tried several different approaches to setting up the project, but so far I have not been able to get Offline Explorer Pro to download the pdf files. I have even gone to the advanced tab and checked "evaluate script calculations."

Does anybody have any idea how I would set up this project? I only want to download the pdf files just from this page.
Oleg Chernavin 11/01/2005 12:29 pm
I think, the Project File Filters or URL Filters settings disallow downloading the URL, because these links to PDF files are very simple. One thing that may help - the link extension is actually empty. You can define an empy extension in a File Filters category by adding a single dot (.) symbol to the extensions list.

If this advice doesn`t help, please select that Project, click the Copy button on toolbar and then paste it to the forum message or an E-mail message to me. I will see what has to be corrected there.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Scott Spivey 11/01/2005 11:02 pm
> I think, the Project File Filters or URL Filters settings disallow downloading the URL, because these links to PDF files are very simple. One thing that may help - the link extension is actually empty. You can define an empy extension in a File Filters category by adding a single dot (.) symbol to the extensions list.
>

This worked. Thanks.

> If this advice doesn`t help, please select that Project, click the Copy button on toolbar and then paste it to the forum message or an E-mail message to me. I will see what has to be corrected there.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 11/02/2005 07:12 am
You are welcome!

Oleg.