Open Save Cancel MoreInfo

Jiri Rosicky 10/18/2005 11:15 am
Hallo,
How can I download a page with links pointing to files (audio, pdf, ..) whilst clicking these links invokes the "Open/Save/Cancel/MoreInfo" dialog? When I online browse the page I have to click the Save button, then select a folder and then save the file. Can Offline Explorer handle such pages?

Thanks for any help,
Jiri Rosicky
Oleg Chernavin 10/19/2005 08:25 am
Usually, Offline Explorer loads such links without any problem. Please try to download. If it fails, please let me know the page URL and which exact link you want to download.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Jiri Rosicky 10/22/2005 10:36 am
> Usually, Offline Explorer loads such links without any problem. Please try to download. If it fails, please let me know the page URL and which exact link you want to download.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

The page is password protected so I am in a doubt if it is ok to let you play with it .. Anyway I have advanced a little. Now OE downloads the page and the file. When offline browsing the page and the file is an mp3 file - OE does not invoke the Open/Save/Cancel dialog and loads up the mp3 file into the browser. So the mp3 file is rendered as a text document - pretty huge page:-) If the file is a pdf file - OE invokes the Open/Save/Cancel dialog and everything is ok - almost. I have to manualy change the extension from .htm to .pdf when saving the file. If I chose Open (from the Open/Save/Cancel dialog invoked by OE) new MSIE window opens with the pdf file rendered as text (ascii reading of the pdf).

Thanks for help!
Jiri R.
Oleg Chernavin 10/22/2005 03:18 pm
I am not sure what exactly is going on with these files, but you can try to export the downloaded site with standard extensions box checked. Perhaps, Offline Explorer will be able to detect correct type of these files and assign the necessary extensions to them.

Oleg.