Parsing problem - please identify

John Morris 09/26/2005 06:39 pm
Ok, here`s something to think about. When I hit a website that had coding problems, or ones that could possibly have malicious code in it (such as pointing to 127.0.0.1, local folders E:\ or even //File:, localhost, ./ , etc) the parser locks up. As everyone has pointed out before - the downloads continue, but it will no longer parse the links. Currently I am at 76,000+ links and locked up.. That`s wasted time, and efforts (about 8 hours worth). I understand how this can be a frusterating thing to anyone, so I have a good question for you.

Why, if not even by an external program of some sort, do you not allow the parse file itself to be edited/modified (on the fly would be awesome, but openfile limitations might interfere).. I mean, if someone could go in and remove the line that is causing conflict, it would allow some sort of continuation. As it is, I havent seen anything requesting something like that - I sure know that being able to have more control over the parsefile itself would be most helpful!

Thank you
Oleg Chernavin 09/27/2005 04:04 am
Yes, the idea of an external plugin is good and we will work on it in one of the future versions.

Meanwhile, can you please let me know the URL of the page at which parser stops? I will work on it to fix shortly.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
John Morris 09/27/2005 06:58 pm
The link which the parser hung on was //file:localhost:8080

> Yes, the idea of an external plugin is good and we will work on it in one of the future versions.
>
> Meanwhile, can you please let me know the URL of the page at which parser stops? I will work on it to fix shortly.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 09/28/2005 12:53 am
Do you know the page that contains that link? You can right-click the link that downloads in Offline Explorer and copy its referer.

Oleg.