OEP slow intervals

n/a 09/04/2005 08:53 am
Hello,

Is anyone experiencing slow intervals in OEP?
I searched in the forum for slow topics, but none described my problem!
When I`m downloading a site, for example with 2 channels, OEP regularly stops for a couple of seconds, an then continues.
Even when it`s already downloading a file, it stops for example at 77%, and then resumes.
Pausing is disabled. No advanced parsing is enabled! Not much processes going on in the background.
This can be annoying when you need to do a quick rip of something! I never noticed this in any previous versions! Using v3.9.2104 SR1 at the moment!

Thanks in advance!
Oleg Chernavin 09/04/2005 11:23 am
Can you please tell me more about this? When it pauses, does its user interface responds - can you select another project at the time, open a dialog?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Richard 09/05/2005 03:58 pm
I also found OE to be slower than usual after installing SR1, and have been meaning to mention it here. At the moment, all I`m using OE for is downloading .ra files of radio programmes from bbc.co.uk/bbc7. Normally the first 10 seconds of the file takes 10 seconds to download, then it speeds up dramatically and downloads a 30 min prog in only 2 or 3 minutes. Since installing SR1 they are staying at the slow speed for the whole download, so a 30 min programme takes 30 mins to download. I haven`t changed any settings, so I assumed it was a problem with the update. I reverted to 3.9.2088 and it is back to its normal speedy behaviour.

Richard
Oleg Chernavin 09/05/2005 04:01 pm
Can you please let me know an example of an .ra link that shows that behavior? I will try to fix it shortly. Thank you!

Oleg.
Richard 09/07/2005 01:36 am
Hi Oleg. Would have replied sooner but have been getting "page could not be displayed" errors. Has the site been down, or is it just me?

Anyway, the problem happens with anything I download from the Listen Again section, e.g. http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/listenagain/monday/rams/1230.ram
(which points to rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk:554/bbc7/1230_mon.ra)

I`ve just double checked the figures for "normal behaviour" in 3.9.2088. The slow download speed is around 5500 bytes/s, and it downloads at this rate for 20 seconds rather than the 10 I said before. The fast speed is around 110000 bytes/s.

Thanks,
Richard
Oleg Chernavin 09/07/2005 11:35 am
Thank you! I just fixed it. I am now at a vacation, so I cannot upload the update. I should be back to my work in the middle of the next week.

Oleg.
Richard 09/07/2005 01:38 pm
Great stuff. I look forward to getting the update next week. Have a nice break.
Oleg Chernavin 09/09/2005 01:53 pm
Thank you!

Oleg.