Renaming Downloaded File

James 07/22/2005 10:16 am
I`m trying to rename a file being downloaded. Normally, the link url would be fine, but the link is over 120 chars (214+) and the downloaded file has a hex hash at the end of the file, removing my ability to identify each file. I`ve tried using the URL Substitutes to rename the file, but it is causing OE to look for the file in the wrong location (I`m getting a 404 Not Found error). Is there any way I can only rename what the file is saved as, but not what the URL link is, so OE can find it? Alternatively, can I overwrite OE`s adding of the hex hash at the end of each file and maintain the full filename?

Regards,

James
Luc 07/22/2005 10:38 am
> I`m trying to rename a file being downloaded. Normally, the link url would be fine, but the link is over 120 chars (214+) and the downloaded file has a hex hash at the end of the file, removing my ability to identify each file. I`ve tried using the URL Substitutes to rename the file, but it is causing OE to look for the file in the wrong location (I`m getting a 404 Not Found error). Is there any way I can only rename what the file is saved as, but not what the URL link is, so OE can find it? Alternatively, can I overwrite OE`s adding of the hex hash at the end of each file and maintain the full filename?
> > Regards,
> > James

Just uncheck the item in url substitutes. Read the note at the bottom of the url substitutes window.
James 07/22/2005 11:12 am
> Just uncheck the item in url substitutes. Read the note at the bottom of the url substitutes window.

Excellent, thanks.