content of a web page

Stefan 06/24/2005 08:41 am
Is it possible to not save a webpage during download based on some text that is displayed on that page ?

Thx

Stefan
Oleg Chernavin 06/27/2005 05:51 am
Yes. Use Content Filters for that.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Stefan 06/27/2005 05:54 am
I noticed that there is only one field to put text in there for content filtering. Is it possible to also build more complex exception rules based on text that might appear on a page ?

Thx

Stefan
Oleg Chernavin 06/27/2005 06:16 am
Can you please give me more information on that with examples?

Oleg.
Stefan 06/27/2005 06:23 am
Here`s an example:

Do not save the page if "information xy is not available" and also do not save if "please retry later" is being shown as text on a page.

Stefan
Oleg Chernavin 06/27/2005 06:30 am
Use both of these keywords in quotes and uncheck the "Search for all keywords" box. Check the "Do not save any pages that contain...", "Save all pages that do not contain..." and "Download all graphics...".

Oleg.
Daniel Lacroix 05/10/2012 05:24 am
Hi Oleg,

I am using Content Filters to exclude pages from downloading.
The pages are being excluded but the links translation of theses pages points to their Offline location.
Would it be possible for them to point to their On-line location when the On-line Translation is being selected.

I could send you an example to try.

Thanks

Daniel
Oleg Chernavin 05/10/2012 05:26 am
Daniel,

I am sorry, I can't come with a fast solution here. The links are translated during the parsing process and if some page is rejected after it was downloaded, Offline Explorer would have to take all previously saved pages, look for that translated link and change it back to online one. This is not yet possible to do. It would involve very serious changes in the parser code.

Oleg.
Daniel Lacroix 05/10/2012 09:16 am
Oleg,

Since I am exporting the project could the On-line translation be done at this time.

I notice that for the excluded pages, they are not getting the padded .htm.

Daniel
Oleg Chernavin 05/11/2012 05:20 am
I understand. Well, I will plan to add this feature.

Oleg.