How to add URl/date into downloaded HTML?

Hamish Tweedie 05/24/2005 06:49 am
Is there a way to have OE append/prepend downloaded files in a manner similar to WinHTTrack?

e.g.

<!-- Mirrored from www.lvmartin.co.nz/Homepage.aspx by HTTrack Website Copier/3.x [XR&CO`2005], Sun, 22 May 2005 11:09:32 GMT -->
<!-- Added by HTTrack -->

It would be great to have configurable items for the file, but something like the above would suffice as I can then use regex to pull out the date of capture and actual page URL rather than looking at file names/file dates.

Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 05/24/2005 06:54 am
So far, Offline Explorer can add comments with the original page URL in the MS IE - compatible format only. I am not sure about customizing it. Please let me know if it is really important or you can use the other way you described?

This kind of customization feature will be pretty rare in use by other users, so it would only clatter the user interface.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Hamish Tweedie 05/24/2005 07:08 am
Thanks for the very prompt reply.

Can you expand upon how to set up the IE compatible headers .. can`t quite see where they are discussed in the online manual?

Rather than having a GUI, I was thinking more of putting in the Addresses field a new parameter along the lines of Additional=URLHeader %URL %date etc etc

Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 05/24/2005 08:40 am
You can now use the

Additional=AddOriginalURL

parameter in the URLs field. But it cannot be customized yet.

Oleg.
Hamish Tweedie 05/24/2005 05:20 pm
> You can now use the
> > Additional=AddOriginalURL
> > parameter in the URLs field. But it cannot be customized yet.
> > Oleg.

Thanks ... could it also insert the download date of the page. If so these two items woiuld be wonderful.

Presume that this will be in the next service release.

Hamish
Oleg Chernavin 05/25/2005 07:05 am
Well, the download date is not standard for MS IE, which is why I haven`t implemented this.

Oleg.