Default parameters

John Wilson 01/23/2005 03:19 am
Is it possible to set default parameters, for instance, to set the minimum image download at 15kb. I never download images less than 15kb (mostly thumbs and annoying gif files). Now everytime I download I have to change the parameters. It wastes time. The same applies to passwords. Thanking you in anticipation.
Oleg Chernavin 01/23/2005 04:43 pm
It is easy to do. Please go to the File | Templates menu, select the default template and click the Properties button. Change the template settings as you wish and click the OK button to save the changes.

Now all new Projects (created with the New button, not with the Wizard) will use these default Project settings.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
John Wilson 01/24/2005 01:17 pm
Thanks for the help. I tried it out and it is working just fine. Thanks for an excellent product. I have tried them all but keep coming back to Offline Explorer Pro. Keep it up.
Oleg Chernavin 01/24/2005 01:33 pm
Thank you!

Can I ask you to tell me more about other offline browsers? What you liked and what - not? Maybe you have found some interesting features which Offline Explorer still misses?

I am always improving Offline Explorer, so a fresh view is really important.

Oleg.
John Wilson 01/26/2005 01:57 pm
As you know, there are many similar products on the market. What I like about offline explorer is that it is a extremely user friendly product with many possibilities. Once I got the hang of it, I realized the potential of the product. (I used to right click and safe the files - can you imagine the time it took!). The other products are simply not in the same league. First off all, I find them difficult to grasp and most importantly, their interfaces suck. For instance, in many off these programs I struggle just to get the download going! Offline explorer makes it so easy with all it is wizards and simple commands. It has nice features like controlling the download speed. hiding the icon in the system tray etc, etc. etc. It also integrates well with the browsers. (Most of the times I just right click on the webpage) The other programs does not have handy forums like these (with such speedy replies). AND IT IS FAST. That is why I am so impressed by this product. This program was recommended to me by someone in a chat channel and I have not looked back. I recommend this program to everyone since. I commend you on an excellent product.
Oleg Chernavin 01/26/2005 05:49 pm
Thank you very much! If you have any wish or an idea on how the user interface can be improved, please let me know.

One of the difficulties some users face is the Project Properties dialog. It becomes quite complex because of many settings. Of course, it gives flexibility, but many users would prefer some visual way to tell Offline Explorer what to load and what to skip.

Oleg.