rmm-files, any simple trick, like the pnm thing??

gunnar 01/09/2005 08:04 pm
For example

http://www.npr.org/ramfiles/asc/20040316_asc_01.rmm

Oleg Chernavin 01/10/2005 11:13 am
I just tried to load the link with Offline Explorer Pro 3.5 SR1. Level=2 - it load the .rmm file, continued to load .smil file using RTSP protocol, extracted two links from the SMIL file and loaded them - one .rm file and one .jpg file.

Can you please try the above?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Gunnar 01/13/2005 08:48 pm
Yes, I got one (audio only) .rm (rmm)-file and a smil-file and one jpg-file, but not "the whole thing".

Seems, maybe, replaying "it" correctly would need parsing the whole rmm-file, replacing links,etc??
Don`t know, I have not had time to look into it.

There should have been a bunch of jpg-files, or something like that??
(the image-files shown while the audio-fil is playing??)

> I just tried to load the link with Offline Explorer Pro 3.5 SR1. Level=2 - it load the .rmm file, continued to load .smil file using RTSP protocol, extracted two links from the SMIL file and loaded them - one .rm file and one .jpg file.
>
> Can you please try the above?
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 01/14/2005 02:22 am
It should also load a video (.rm) file from the SMIL. I used Level=2 setting to load all files.

Oleg.
Gunnar 01/14/2005 01:15 pm
OK, I looked at the smil file and found what I did not get downloaded, one rt-file and one rp-file (text for captions and pixel, imiage filt??)

Only thing needed was to the extentions rt and rp to the audio-file-list of the project

That is, now "it works", by clicking the smil-file I get the audio and the text plus the different "pictures", synchronized to the audio-stream.

However, when clicking forward and backwards while playing back, the realplayer
seems to have some problems??

> It should also load a video (.rm) file from the SMIL. I used Level=2 setting to load all files.
>
> Oleg.
Gunnar 01/14/2005 01:16 pm
Correction

Only thing needed was to _add_ the extentions rt and rp to the audio-file-list of the project

Oleg Chernavin 01/14/2005 02:27 pm
Most probably the back/forward problems ae because of the .rt or .rp file. In fact, they are designed for streaming purposes only and when being saved to the disk, they are not fully supported by the RealPlayer. Unfortunately, I cannot do much here.

Oleg.
Gunnar 01/24/2005 11:54 pm
Thanks, OE.pro already did it.. works like magic.. .rt and .rp files...

> Most probably the back/forward problems ae because of the .rt or .rp file. In fact, they are designed for streaming purposes only and when being saved to the disk, they are not fully supported by the RealPlayer. Unfortunately, I cannot do much here.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 01/25/2005 02:22 am
Great!

Oleg.