List macro for POST command

MJ 11/22/2004 05:31 pm
Hi!

Is there a way to specify a macro with is an external text file as inputs for a POST command.

http://www..../route.php
POST=location=%7C%7CChicago%7C%7C%7C%7CA%7C52792631%7C51174632&shortfast=0&simple=&motorway=0&time=0&stunde=&minuten=&route_id=&poicat=&lang=D&woh=t&unique=1&width=300&video=0&cartype=1&Input=Route
IgnoreLogOutLinks

This sequence was produced from a route planner. I`d like to change the locations (in this example Detroit and Chicago) by using two external text files to draw from and want to collect the web pages with distances produced by the route planner.

Thanks for any advice

MJ
Oleg Chernavin 11/23/2004 04:20 am
This is for sure - just use the {:file=c:\file1.txt} and {:file=c:\file2.txt} macros whenever you want.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Marcelo Jenny 11/23/2004 05:25 am
> This is for sure - just use the {:file=c:\file1.txt} and {:file=c:\file2.txt} macros whenever you want.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

You`re my man!

Thanks. That already saved my day.

MJ
Oleg Chernavin 11/23/2004 06:37 am
Great! Does it work as expected?

Oleg.
MJ 11/23/2004 04:26 pm
> Great! Does it work as expected?
>
> Oleg.

>

No, unfortunately it doesn`t. Getting to the web page exhibiting the distance data is a two-stage process and I thought I had found a shortcut around it but it doesn`t work.

First stage: User has to enter departure and destination city into the webform and hits enter.
Website looks up ids of the two cities in its databank and hands them over to the POST-command
Second stage: the user is asked to specify some additional parameters like standard velocity etc. and hits enter.

I thought filling in the city names with the list macros at the second stage would work, but I missed collecting the city databank ids from the first stage.

Do you have any idea how to get these unique city ids?

MJ
Oleg Chernavin 11/24/2004 07:33 am
Yes, such two- or more-stage processes is a really hard thing to do. I am sorry, but I don`t have a way to accomplish that yet.

Oleg.
Marcelo Jenny 11/24/2004 10:29 am
> Yes, such two- or more-stage processes is a really hard thing to do. I am sorry, but I don`t have a way to accomplish that yet.
>
> Oleg.

Ok, thanks anyway.

MJ
Oleg Chernavin 11/24/2004 10:40 am
You are welcome!

Oleg.