How to filter for certain files?

Welby 11/19/2004 08:24 pm
I`m trying to download images from a site. Each image has four sizes (small, med, large, XL). The filenames read something like this: www.site.com/images/monalisa-XL (or small, or med) I just want the XL images and nothing else, but can`t figure out how to set the filter.

Any help out there?
Toad 11/20/2004 01:38 am
> I`m trying to download images from a site. Each image has four sizes (small, med, large, XL). The filenames read something like this: www.site.com/images/monalisa-XL (or small, or med) I just want the XL images and nothing else, but can`t figure out how to set the filter.
>
> Any help out there?

That`s pretty straightforward. In your URL Filters/Filename just put these in your exclude:
-small
-med

If it`s the variables (XL, small, or med) are in a directory name instead of filename then put your filters in URL Filters/Directory instead. Happy po..., I mean, image downloading. :)
Welby 11/22/2004 01:42 pm
I tried that. Under the URL filters - Filename section I have -small and -med in the excluded files, but they`re still being downloaded. Is there a variable or something I should use?

> > I`m trying to download images from a site. Each image has four sizes (small, med, large, XL). The filenames read something like this: www.site.com/images/monalisa-XL (or small, or med) I just want the XL images and nothing else, but can`t figure out how to set the filter.
> >
> > Any help out there?
>
> That`s pretty straightforward. In your URL Filters/Filename just put these in your exclude:
> -small
> -med
>
> If it`s the variables (XL, small, or med) are in a directory name instead of filename then put your filters in URL Filters/Directory instead. Happy po..., I mean, image downloading. :)
>
Welby 11/22/2004 01:45 pm
FTR I also tried, for example *-small.jpg and *-small.* Still no joy.

> I tried that. Under the URL filters - Filename section I have -small and -med in the excluded files, but they`re still being downloaded. Is there a variable or something I should use?
>
> > > I`m trying to download images from a site. Each image has four sizes (small, med, large, XL). The filenames read something like this: www.site.com/images/monalisa-XL (or small, or med) I just want the XL images and nothing else, but can`t figure out how to set the filter.
> > >
> > > Any help out there?
> >
> > That`s pretty straightforward. In your URL Filters/Filename just put these in your exclude:
> > -small
> > -med
> >
> > If it`s the variables (XL, small, or med) are in a directory name instead of filename then put your filters in URL Filters/Directory instead. Happy po..., I mean, image downloading. :)
> >
Oleg Chernavin 11/23/2004 04:34 am
Please select File Filters | Images and make sure that the Location box contains "Load using URL Filters settings".

Oleg.