Is it possible to only download JPG files?

John 10/09/2004 12:57 pm
Hi

I only want to download the jpegs files on particular websites. I have set the filters accordingly. However, inadvertently Offline Explorer downloads A LOT of irrelevant files for example "PHP_2ASPEED=HIGH!ID=V00680 File". To me it looks like "garbage". This is very time consuming. Is it emperative to also download these files? Any suggestions?

Kind regards
10/10/2004 01:19 pm
>... Offline Explorer downloads A LOT of irrelevant files...

OEP has to download at least the pages in which the links to the JPG files are stored. OE parses these pages and follows the corresponding links. It doesn`t matter whether these files are stored only temporarily or permanently onto the HDD - with respect to the "garbage". The unwanted files can be deleted in different ways (manually, in URLs: DeleteAfterParsing= ..; ...). If the links are only stored into standard HTML files, you could disable "Text" in File Filters, so OEP doesn`t save them permanently onto the HDD.
John 10/11/2004 01:52 pm
> >... Offline Explorer downloads A LOT of irrelevant files...
>
> OEP has to download at least the pages in which the links to the JPG files are stored. OE parses these pages and follows the corresponding links. It doesn`t matter whether these files are stored only temporarily or permanently onto the HDD - with respect to the "garbage". The unwanted files can be deleted in different ways (manually, in URLs: DeleteAfterParsing= ..; ...). If the links are only stored into standard HTML files, you could disable "Text" in File Filters, so OEP doesn`t save them permanently onto the HDD.

Hi

Thanks for the advice.

Greetings