simultaneous download?

Sergey 10/04/2004 08:08 am
Hello,

Could you please tell me, may I start several copies of OE simultaneously? I know that OE may download several sites at the same time, but we can`t control download behaviour...For instance we can`t dedicate 2 threads for site #1 and 2 threads for site #2

Thank you

Best wishes,
Sergey
Oleg Chernavin 10/04/2004 01:46 pm
You can do it in two ways. First is to run several instances. Use the following command-line parameter:

oe.exe /instance

Another way is to add the following line to each Project`s URLs field:

Channels=2

This will limit the number of downloading channges for each Project to 2. The Projects will be downloaded in parallel.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Sergey 10/04/2004 03:14 pm
Thank you, Oleg! Great program!!
BTW, we may download the same project in 2 instances?

> You can do it in two ways. First is to run several instances. Use the following command-line parameter:
>
> oe.exe /instance
>
> Another way is to add the following line to each Project`s URLs field:
>
> Channels=2
>
> This will limit the number of downloading channges for each Project to 2. The Projects will be downloaded in parallel.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 10/05/2004 12:43 am
Yes, sure. But why do you need that? You may also create two separate Projects in the same instance of Offline Explorer Pro and load them together.

Oleg.
Sergey 10/05/2004 10:50 am
Thank you, Oleg.
You mean that simultaneous download of 3 sites (4 channels per site) will be reliable and fast as in case of 3 separate instances?

> Yes, sure. But why do you need that? You may also create two separate Projects in the same instance of Offline Explorer Pro and load them together.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 10/05/2004 11:45 am
Yes, there will be no difference. All downloading queues are separate in 3.x versions of Offline Explorer.

Oleg.
Sergey 10/07/2004 03:19 am
Thank you!
I see strange things with one OE using...I started 3d site (in addition to 2 large sites) in the same OE and after 5-6 hours this site still not downloaded at all (Channels=4 for all and max 12 threads used) - I saw no activity for 3d site (just start page downloaded)...
Could you please clarify this issue?
Thank you!

> Yes, there will be no difference. All downloading queues are separate in 3.x versions of Offline Explorer.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 10/07/2004 10:15 am
How many channels are actually occupied with the other 2 Projects? Do you have files in the queue of the 3rd Project, which is still not downloaded?

Oleg.
Sergey 10/12/2004 04:30 am
Oleg, I have 4 channels per each project...Yes, I had files in the queue for 3rd project...
BTW, I started instances using to eliminate problem :)

> How many channels are actually occupied with the other 2 Projects? Do you have files in the queue of the 3rd Project, which is still not downloaded?
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 10/12/2004 09:21 am
If you would ever face this problem, can you try to press F9 twice? This may help.

Oleg.