Options | File Locations

Fred Thompson 09/22/2004 04:02 pm
I`ve noticed the projects, tempates and maps directory cannot be changed in the past few releases. Maybe there is interference from the recent releases of Norton Anti-Virus which are preventing changes to the registry.

Manually changing the value at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MetaProducts\Offline Explorer Pro\Parameters CurrentDir (Windows 2000) will set a different directory but the existing maps within that directory are ignored.

Is there a known way to make this work without having to re-run all the projects to recreate the maps?
Oleg Chernavin 09/23/2004 07:18 am
I just tried this and it works well. I don`t think that the antivirus can interfere here. Offline Explorer Pro keeps all other settings in the same Registry key. So, you can try to change any other Options dialog value or even resize the Offline Explorer Pro screen and see if this is preserved on the next start.

Regarding map files - Offline Explorer uses them only when there is the corresponding Project. You can right-click a Project and see its map file name in the Statistics dialog.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff