Overloading

Firstime Visitor 09/16/2004 02:39 pm
checked "prevent download directories from overloading" and it produces a directory pattern of `%&Ovr`. I want to use dos to move some of the files in the folder, but for the life of me, i can not `cd` into these directories with these special characters. Using win2k. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 09/17/2004 10:47 am
Yes, we are sorry that these names are not compatible with DOS 8+3. We are using a wider subset to name files and directories, which is supported by Windows (FAT32/NTFS).

Unfortunately, we cannot switch to the DOS susbset, since it restricts filenames too much. But you can make an export of the downloaded Web site with the automatic conversion of all filenames and directories to either DOS 8+3 or Joliet (64) standards.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Firstime Visitor 09/17/2004 01:12 pm
well, what i mean by "dos".... is the cmd command from the RUN menu under windows 2000. Actually, i removed 8.3 support from NTFS, so that is not even an issue. I *can* move the entire download directory (and delete under cmd, etc)......but i dont want to do that.........i want to be able to use the change directory command under cmd to "get into" one of the directories. you know, something like this: `cd %&Ovr0`. When i try that, i get an error. how *can* i get into that directory under cmd? i think i need to somehow escape the special characters, but i dont know how.
Oleg Chernavin 09/18/2004 02:06 am
I think, you can simply use the following:

cd "%&Ovr0"

Oleg.