What happens when you move the dl`ed files?

blair 09/09/2004 04:34 pm
Hi, all. I`ve downloaded a bunch of pics from a website. If i want to delete some or move them to different folders, can the program still check the website for recently added files and just download those, without downloading the ones i`ve deleted or moved? I figure that it would have to keep track of everything that it downloads which i doubt that it does.
Thanks!
09/09/2004 11:45 pm
If I haven`t overlook anything, there is yet no reliable solution for your problem.

In OEE you have the option to delete the whole project files and download later only new or modified files.
I don`t know why this is an exclusive feature of OEE. I don`t think that there are a number of people worth mentioning, which are willing to pay the extra price - just to have this feature. And - i might be wrong - I don`t think that developing this feature took so much time that the extra price would be justified.

You can assume that people who are downloading more than 3.000.000 files in a project and/or using the OLE Automation support are real professionals which are paying the price willingly.

Don`t get me wrong, OEP is a great product which is worth every cent and OEP-Users can surely live without the mentioned feature and are happy that MetaProducts didn`t cut off more features from OEP. ;-)
Oleg Chernavin 09/10/2004 03:36 am
Yes, this feature to delete files and keep a database of what was downloaded to check for updates is available in the Enterprise version only.

Actually, we don`t plan to get rid of any feature in Offline Explorer Pro. We will be enhancing each edition with new capabilities and we have big plans for that.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
09/10/2004 07:52 am
> Actually, we don`t plan to get rid of any feature in Offline Explorer Pro. We will be enhancing each
> edition with new capabilities and we have big plans for that.

If this means that OEE and OEP get the same additional features in future (I`m not speaking about additional tools like the "OLE Automation support"), then this is really good news for all OEP users.

Thank you very much!
Oleg Chernavin 09/13/2004 06:52 am
You are welcome!

Oleg.