Cannot d/l Vesalius site.

Cal 09/06/2004 10:34 am
Hi:

I`m having a tough time downloading the www.vesalius.com site. After I enter my username and password using the internal browser, I`m able to d/l up to 3 links away from the welcome page. However, after I click on "clinical folios" and say, "abdomen," and then "abdomen section atlas," I cannot d/l anything further than that. It keeps going back to the login page.

Please help out as this site`s subscription gives you only a limited number of uses.

Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 09/07/2004 07:53 am
The most possible reason is that Offline Explorer hits a logoff or logout link on the site. I would suggest you to exclude such links in the URL Filters | Filename section of the Project Properties dialog.

Does this help?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Cal 09/08/2004 10:40 pm
Hi Oleg:

Forgive my ignorance. But how do I know which links to exclude?

I know you have much to do, and I appreciate your help.

> The most possible reason is that Offline Explorer hits a logoff or logout link on the site. I would suggest you to exclude such links in the URL Filters | Filename section of the Project Properties dialog.
>
> Does this help?
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Cal 09/09/2004 12:12 pm
Hello Oleg:

Let me give you my login info for the site so it`ll better help you figure this one out:

U: xxxx
P: xxxx

Please erase the password when you get it. Thank much in advance for your help!
Oleg Chernavin 09/10/2004 03:47 am
Well, I haven`t found any logout link on the site. I think that what can happen is that the site logs you out when it detects too high speed of the download.

I would suggest you to logon the site in the Internal browser and then go to the Options dialog and decrease the number of connections to 3 and set the following in the Delay between downloads field:

3-7

This will make Offline Explorer Pro to use random pauses between connections - from 3 to 7 seconds. This will emulate human browsing and the site will be not overloaded.

I hope this helps.

Oleg.
Cal 09/12/2004 08:37 pm
Hi Oleg:

Thank you for the help. Unfortunately, I`m still not able to download the site. Is there anything else I should try?

Appreciate your time.

> Well, I haven`t found any logout link on the site. I think that what can happen is that the site logs you out when it detects too high speed of the download.
>
> I would suggest you to logon the site in the Internal browser and then go to the Options dialog and decrease the number of connections to 3 and set the following in the Delay between downloads field:
>
> 3-7
>
> This will make Offline Explorer Pro to use random pauses between connections - from 3 to 7 seconds. This will emulate human browsing and the site will be not overloaded.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 09/13/2004 08:02 am
Can you describe me how do you download the site? Where do you enter the password, etc.?

Oleg.
Cal 09/13/2004 01:18 pm
Hi Oleg:

1) I enter the following url in the internal browser: www.vesalius.com
2) I enter the username and password at the start page
3) press ctr-alt to get a new project
4) I press the "login" button
5) then I go to "options" and adjust the connections to 3 and delay to 3-7
6) finally I click the "download" button

Thank you.

> Can you describe me how do you download the site? Where do you enter the password, etc.?
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 09/13/2004 01:31 pm
I did the following - browsed to the site in the Internal browser, entered the username/password, logged on there (no Ctrl + Alt). Then I clicked New button, entered the site address there, unchecked Level, clicked OK button and started downloading the site. I faced no problems with this.

Of course, Options settings were - 3 connections, 3-7 pause.

Oleg.
Cal 09/14/2004 02:26 am
Hi Oleg:

This might be one of those unsolvable sites. I did as you instructed, however I still run into the original problem. It`ll download the site only partly.

As illustration:

Clicking on the "Clinical folios" link, I then click "abdomen," then "abdomen sectional atlas" then "narrative." I can see the first page, but when I click "next" on the bottom I get directed to the login page. Any other sage advice? If you cannot figure it out, I still much appreciated your time and help.

> I did the following - browsed to the site in the Internal browser, entered the username/password, logged on there (no Ctrl + Alt). Then I clicked New button, entered the site address there, unchecked Level, clicked OK button and started downloading the site. I faced no problems with this.
>
> Of course, Options settings were - 3 connections, 3-7 pause.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 09/14/2004 06:26 am
What if you try to load only a subset of the pages?

Please use URL Filters | Filename - Custom configuration and add the following keywords to the Included list:

abdo
=113&

This will load only that section. If this works out, we can try to expand the area of the download more by replacing the =113& with frms .

Oleg.
Cal 09/14/2004 08:37 pm
Hi Oleg:

We`re getting close!!!!

I`m able to d/l one subsection of the pages with your suggestion. I next replaced the "=113&" with the "frms" part but ran into the original problem. However, when I manually added each of the subsections (i.e. "=113&" "=652&" and so on) for the sections (i.e. "abdo") I was able to retrieve the entire section. But then the site logged me off... So I would log on and add another section, say "bili" and d/l that one.

This worked until I ran into the "cardio" section which wouldn`t let me d/l more than the first subsection. Any other bright ideas? Well, I`ll skip that section and see if I`m able to retrieve other ones.

Oleg, you`re a genius, but I guess that`s old news! I think everyone who uses this program would agree that the Offline Explorer`s best feature is your technical help/expertise.

> What if you try to load only a subset of the pages?
>
> Please use URL Filters | Filename - Custom configuration and add the following keywords to the Included list:
>
> abdo
> =113&
>
> This will load only that section. If this works out, we can try to expand the area of the download more by replacing the =113& with frms .
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 09/15/2004 05:07 am
The cardio section doesn`t look any different from others. Maybe you should try again later? I still can`t understand the site logic, other than logging out after some time or downloaded pages.

Oleg.