How do I download asp links?

Viking 08/19/2004 02:18 pm
I logged in at a password protected site using the OE browser. Then performed a search
and got the results on a page (URL now: http://www.centerwatch.com/professional/cwpipeline/search.asp)

I then wanted to download all the links on the results page, e.g. http://www.centerwatch.com/professional/cwpipeline/details.asp?i=6187&nav=&n=

I tried to press "download" but nothing happens (there is no project in the tree).

Next I tried to copy the URL (http://www.centerwatch.com/professional/cwpipeline/search.asp) to the top adressbar and downloaded a lot of stuff. However, none of the links on the results page were downloaded :-(.

How should I do this?
Oleg Chernavin 08/20/2004 03:39 am
I think, you need to record your submission. Please browse to the page with the search form in the Internal browser. Enter the keywords and other info and then press and hold down the Ctrl+Alt keys while submitting the form.

Offline Explorer Pro will create a new Project for you. Adjust its settings, click OK button and start downloading it.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Viking 08/20/2004 06:42 pm
> I think, you need to record your submission. Please browse to the page with the search form in the Internal browser. Enter the keywords and other info and then press and hold down the Ctrl+Alt keys while submitting the form.
>
> Offline Explorer Pro will create a new Project for you. Adjust its settings, click OK button and start downloading it.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, it didn`t work :-(.

I held down Ctrl+Alt while hitting the search button on the webnpage; A new project was created, and I clicked on OK. However, the search was not submitted (and nothing downloaded).

If I click on search w/o Ctrl+Alt (in the internal browser) the search is submitted properly....

I only have 5 day test subscription, so it is important that I get this working ASAP....
Oleg Chernavin 08/21/2004 12:12 pm
Can you please give me more details about the site? Perhaps I will be able to find the way to do it.

I will write you directly to the E-mail you specified in the forum. If you don`t get a message from me in few hours, please try to contact me using support@metaproducts.com . This is slower, however.

Oleg.
Defenestration 08/21/2004 07:40 pm

>I held down Ctrl+Alt while hitting the search button on the webnpage; A new project was created, >and I clicked on OK. However, the search was not submitted (and nothing downloaded).

Hi Viking,

This might sound obvious, but did you click the Download button after the project is created ?

After clicking Download, the page containing all the search results will be downloaded. Then press the Refresh toolbar button in the internal browser.

Hope this helps!
Viking 08/22/2004 05:13 am
>
> >I held down Ctrl+Alt while hitting the search button on the webnpage; A new project was created, >and I clicked on OK. However, the search was not submitted (and nothing downloaded).
>
> Hi Viking,
>
> This might sound obvious, but did you click the Download button after the project is created ?
>
> After clicking Download, the page containing all the search results will be downloaded. Then press the Refresh toolbar button in the internal browser.
>
> Hope this helps!

Sorry, but that does not help. After clicking OK, I did not get into the search results, so there is not much of interest to download...

Futhermore, the project URL is http://www.centerwatch.com/professional/cwpipeline/search.asp, so nothing can be downloaded anyway :-(.
Defenestration 08/22/2004 07:34 pm

>
> Sorry, but that does not help. After clicking OK, I did not get into the search results, so there is >not much of interest to download...

The search results won`t be displayed after you click OK on the Project dialog. It just creates the project. By submitting the search with Ctrl+Alt held down you are recording the search parameters in the newly created project. Is this project being created for you when you click OK ? (ie. does the project appear in the Projects tree).

If a project has been created, you then have to click the Download button (make sure the project is selected in the Project Tree) to actually download the search results page, and one level down (ie. all pages of the search results).

When the download has finished click the Refresh button (the one with the two green arrows ) in the internal browser toolbar and you should see the page containing the search results. If you then click on one of the search results, that should also be displayed.

>
> Futhermore, the project URL is http://www.centerwatch.com/professional/cwpipeline/search.asp, > so nothing can be downloaded anyway :-(.

You`re right, typing in the URL on it`s own will not load the search results page, since this is a generic URL for all searches. The .asp extension means that the results page has been created "on-the fly".
Oleg Chernavin 08/23/2004 08:27 am
> Username: *******
> Password: *******
>
> Link to database:
> http://www.centerwatch.com/professional/cwpipeline

I have a success - I browsed to the above URL in the Offline Explorer Pro`s Internal browser, logged on there, then I entered a single word (help) in the Basic Search form, pressed and hold down the Ctrl + Alt keys on keyboard and clicked the first of the SEARCH buttons on the form. Then I released the Ctrl + Alt keys and I got a new Project. I added the following line to the list of lines in the URLs field:

Additional=ConvertPOSTToFileName

I set Level to 1 and clicked OK button. Then I clicked the Download button on toolbar and let OE to load all the pages of the Project. Then I clicked the Browse button to see the downloaded pages offline. A click on View Details links on the page showed the correct pages offline.

That`s all!

Oleg.
Viking 08/24/2004 04:08 am
> > Username: *******
> > Password: *******
> >
> > Link to database:
> > http://www.centerwatch.com/professional/cwpipeline
>
> I have a success - I browsed to the above URL in the Offline Explorer Pro`s Internal browser, logged on there, then I entered a single word (help) in the Basic Search form, pressed and hold down the Ctrl + Alt keys on keyboard and clicked the first of the SEARCH buttons on the form. Then I released the Ctrl + Alt keys and I got a new Project. I added the following line to the list of lines in the URLs field:
>
> Additional=ConvertPOSTToFileName
>
> I set Level to 1 and clicked OK button. Then I clicked the Download button on toolbar and let OE to load all the pages of the Project. Then I clicked the Browse button to see the downloaded pages offline. A click on View Details links on the page showed the correct pages offline.
>
> That`s all!
>
> Oleg.

Thank you Oleg,

Stuf started to download after I added the

Additional=ConvertPOSTToFileName

What does that do?

Another peculiarity was that the interesting pages were downloaded as:
details.asp@i=10003&nav=&n=

I had to add the htm extension to all of them (so that they could be easily viewed)
Oleg Chernavin 08/24/2004 09:36 am
> Additional=ConvertPOSTToFileName
>
> What does that do?

Well, this is a temporary workaround. I need to improve the forms support a bit.

> Another peculiarity was that the interesting pages were downloaded as:
> details.asp@i=10003&nav=&n=
>
> I had to add the htm extension to all of them (so that they could be easily viewed)

You can export the downloaded Project with standard extensions enabled. This will add .htm extensions automatically.

Oleg.