Search, Select, Sort Results

Jeffrey Mazor 08/10/2004 01:08 pm
For my research project I`ll collect website news stories and would like to save them somehow with this kind of info:

WHO: BUSH GENERALELECTRIC
WHAT: GLOBALWARMING CARBONDIOXIDE ENVIRONMENT
WHEN: JUNE 16, 2004
WHERE: NEWYORK
SOURCE: NEW YORK TIMES, page 14a
URL: WWW.NYTIMES.COM/abcd/siz.html
TEXT: j;flakdj f;lk ;j kj a;lkdjf jkkj jkj k ljl jl ljj l jl lj`sdfs sfds sf fa;k fja;s lkdj f ;dlj a;kjf ;kj fklajd ;lkajd akj f;

To do my report, I`ll need to both sort and select on values in the WHO, WHAT, WHEN and WHERE fields, and then output the TEXT paragraphs so I can mold them into a report.

Example: the "Bush on the Environment" section would only contain records where WHAT CONTAINS "ENVIRONMENT", and WHO CONTAINS "BUSH" OR "ADMINISTRATION", and might be sorted in chron order to show changing positions over time.

Also, while above NYTimes article would appear in the "Bush on the Environment" section of the report, it might also appear in the "Favors for Contributors" section.

Oleg, I can`t figure out the best way to do this so I can do both the Select/Sort functions AND the output as a nice text file containing all the "Articles" that meet the Select criteria.

Please tell me what to do!
Oleg Chernavin 08/11/2004 06:20 am
Jeffrey,

I will write you directly now to discuss the possibilities. Please post a message here if you don`t hear from me for a couple of days.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff