Projects do not complete when using the "DeleteAfterParsing" option

Coriolis 04/30/2004 01:39 pm
I am downloading a page with several "count.cgi" references. I don`t want them, especially since they pile up when keeping old copies of the website, and I can`t exclude them in the URL filters because I have to download other cgi files that are outside the download path. I figured I`d use the "DeleteAfterParsing=count.cgi" option to get rid of them.

I added this to the project, and OE deletes the files fine and downloads the project fine, but the project sits there with the green "downloading" arrow and never goes to "download complete". I can stop or start the download again but it never completes, and in fact if I take the DeleteAfterParsing option back off it still won`t complete. The only way to get rid of the download icon is to stop the project, which gives the red error icon. Closing and restarting OE also gives the error icon.

I first noticed this in the previous version, but upgrading to 3.1.1572 SR1 did not provide a solution.

If I set "DeleteAfterParsing" to a file that doesn`t exist then the download completes normally.
Oleg Chernavin 05/03/2004 03:34 pm
First, there is no way to use DeleteAfterParsing to remove only some downloaded files. I would suggest you to get rid of these count.cgi files by adding them to the URL Filters | Filename | Custom Configuration | Excluded filename keywords list. Just add the following there:

count.cgi

Other CGI files will be loaded.

Please see if this helps to finish the Project correctly. If not, please let me know your Project settings (using Copy button on toolbar and pasting it to the forum message) and I will see myself what is wrong.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Coriolis 05/03/2004 04:03 pm
Actually, DeleteAfterParsing accepts a file mask of what files to delete, so it can be set easily enough to delete only some downloaded files. It works fine for deleting "count.cgi" if I say "DeleteAfterParsing=count.cgi". However, the project never completes. It can be seen in the queue manager with no files listed.

I can`t use URL filters, as far as I can tell, because my URL filters specify "only starting directory and below", while CGI files are fetched from other directories. If I tell OE to use URL filters for cgi files (in "user defined") then they don`t get loaded, because they are not beneath the starting directory. If I set cgi files to "load only from the starting server" then it ignores the URL filters rules completely.

Here is the project definition:

[Object]
OEVersion=Pro 3.1.0.1572
Type=0
IID=404
Caption=http://www.templeofluna.com/ee/index2.htm
URL=http://www.templeofluna.com/ee/index2.htmdeleteafterparsing=count.cgichannels=2
Lev=1
When=2
Weekday=257
LimTSize=10000
LimNumber=5000
LimTime=100
SkipMedia=True
FTText.Exts=htmlhtmaspjspstmstmlidcshtmlhtxtxttextxspxmlrxmlcfm
FTImages.Exts=gifjpgjpegtiftiffxbmfifbmppngipx
FTVideo.Exts=mpgavianimpegmovfliflcvivrmrvasfwmv
FTAudio.Exts=wavriffmp3midmp2m3uravocwma
FTArchive.Exts=ziparcgzzarjlhalayleirarcabtarpakacejar
FTUDef.Exts=jscssssivbsdtdcgi ooooox
FTText.B=oooooo
FTImages.B=oooooo
FTVideo.B=oooooo
FTAudio.B=oooooo
FTArchive.B=oooooo
FTUDef.B=oooooo
FTOther.B=oooooo
FTSizes=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0
RSrvsBx=3
RPathBx=1
RFileBx=2
RFileIn=ee x
RFileEx=count.cgin.cgi xx
RProt=63
LastStart=206:173:36:1:160:155:226:64:
LastEnd=240:94:3:231:113:155:226:64:
S200=57
S304=28
SPar=29
SSav=57
SLast=200
SSiz=22670
LFiles=170
LSize=22670
Copies=20
CopiesFmt=2
CopiesZeros=True
NoFileCheck=True
Flags=1
ImgDim=0,0,0,0
PrevURL=http://www.templeofluna.com/ee/index2.htm
Oleg Chernavin 05/06/2004 05:15 pm
Thank you! I just fixed the problem. Do you need the update right now?

Oleg.
Coriolis 05/06/2004 05:18 pm
Nah, just let me know when it`s available and I`ll pick it up then.
Oleg Chernavin 05/06/2004 05:28 pm
If you would notice in this forum that I uploaded the new version, just load it - it will already contain the fix. I am travelling right now and uploading new versions from an Internet Cafe is not easy.

Oleg.