Exporting CHM

Juan 04/17/2004 01:22 pm
I`ve exported a project to a CHM file.
The file opens right but I keep on recieving those annoying IE messages "Error in line..."
I still can browse the file if I click either yes or no but would be better without them.
My IE settings are set to "Don`t show those errors".

Thanks for your help.
Oleg Chernavin 04/19/2004 10:11 am
Can you tell me a URL that shows such errors after the export?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Juan 04/19/2004 11:19 am
Thanks for your answer Oleg.

Here`s the page:

http://usuarios.lycos.es/americalatina/index.htm

But errors appear in my export file.
This happens in a lot of the chm files I create.

Thanks
Oleg Chernavin 04/20/2004 07:00 am
I tried to improve that, but this site contains an error in the script. It is not visible when browsing from the orignal site, but occurs when you browse offline.

Can I ask you to load the following file:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oebrowse.zip

Unzip the file to the directory where Offline Explorer is installed and Export the Project to a Compressed EXE Viewer. This will give you almost the same output as CHM, but without the problem.

Does it work for you?

Oleg.
Juan 04/20/2004 07:50 am
Thanks a lot Oleg.
Juan 04/20/2004 08:16 am
Sorry Oleg but I still get the errors.
Oleg Chernavin 04/20/2004 10:10 am
When you start the exported.exe file? Can you send me a screenshot of it to support@metaproducts.com ?

Thank you!

Oleg.
Juan 04/20/2004 10:18 am
Sorry Oleg, It works!
The problem was that an app I`ve installed this morning "Flash Capture" has changed my Internet Settings. "Don`t show command errors" (My IE is in spanish, so I`m not sure this is so in english) was unmarked.

Sorry and thank you for your time.

juan
Oleg Chernavin 04/20/2004 11:18 am
This is good to hear!

Oleg.
Juan 04/20/2004 01:49 pm
Oleg, would you recommend me an app to quickly detect broken links in websites downloaded with Offline Explorer and be able to delete them from OE before exporting the website?

I`ve tried with FrontPage but, well, that`s a pain in... ;))

Thanks
Oleg Chernavin 04/21/2004 03:11 am
What do you mean under broken links? Links that point to non-existing file offline? If so, you can use Online Links Translation mode in Offline Explorer when downloading Web sites - every link that is not downloaded will point online this way.

Oleg.
Juan 04/21/2004 10:20 am
I mean links that point to a non existing page (Error 401). I would like to erase these links from the project. If I do it manually (checking each link, then editing and erasing the entry) it can take a lot of time. So, I was wondering a way to list all these links and erase them.
Oleg Chernavin 04/21/2004 02:51 pm
I think that you don`t mean "links", but rather files with the error information that were loaded by Offline Explorer. If yes, then please use Edit | Find Contents feature to search for the error words - you will get a list of all such pages and you can select them all and delete.

Does this help?

Oleg.
Juan 04/21/2004 05:04 pm
Yes, this is what I meant.
Again, thank you, Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 04/22/2004 03:34 am
Good!

Oleg.