Dragging a Link to the Project Panal

henry Bai 03/22/2004 06:00 am
Hi! There seems to be 2 ways OE handles files dragged to the project panal. To add it in the Include File Filter and to add as SingleURL=?? in the main project. However, I would like to make a suggestion.
Lets say I want to download a site withjsut certain links in that page. However, the links are scattered. So, I drag one part of the links into the project panal and the pages are added itnot he filters.
Then I drag another bunch of links into the same project. This is where is becomes user unfriendly. The links are added as SingleURL and the download starts immediately, not allowing me to furthur add more links befoer I start downloading.

I hope that this system can be improved.

Perharps OE can check if the project is already downloaded. If it is not, then OE will just add the files without starting to download.
Perharps OE can check if the links that are dragged in exist on the main page. If it does, it will add it in the Filter list instead of Single URL which makrs everythign messy

Please consider this issue..
Thanks.. :)
Oleg Chernavin 03/22/2004 11:24 am
Actually, loading a link that you have just dropped doesn`t mess anything and it doesn`t prevent you from browsing. In almost all cases such drag-and-drop of links has the purpose to load a missing file while you are browsing offline.

This way, you can immediately see that the missing link has been loaded and refresh the missing page to get the desired page offline.

That`s why there is no check if the file is already on the disk. Anyway, if you think that the link should not be loaded if it is on the disk already, I can add it quite fast. Just let me know.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff