Agent Identification ... bug

Daniel Lacroix 03/13/2004 02:20 pm
Did you know that with Offline Explorer Pro 3.0 SR1,
if you are going to the Options window the Agent Identification reverts back automatically to the Identify as: choice!
even when the Use this identification: choice was selected the last time.

Thanks.
Daniel
Oleg Chernavin 03/15/2004 07:35 am
Daniel,

Offline Explorer detects what browser is encoded in the User Agent line and selects it from the list. Anyway, if you would enter there something unrecognizable, like MyBrowser, the choice will stay as-is.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Daniel Lacroix 03/15/2004 11:18 am
Oleg,

I am selecting the Use this identification radio button and entering a specific user agent text.

But when I go back in the Options, it is the Identity as: radio button which is selected. Should the radio button stay on the Use this identification radio button, since it was the one I last selected?

Daniel.
Oleg Chernavin 03/16/2004 12:43 am
Daniel,

You have to click OK button after changing the User Agent to save the change.

Can you please tell me what exactly User Agent text do you enter? I will try to reproduce this.

Thank you!

Oleg.
Daniel Lacroix 03/16/2004 08:11 am
Oleg,

I am adding to the Microsoft Internet Explorer user agent text. My user agent now reads
CIOB-Web Downloads - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)

The reasons, to browse using the IE style sheet, and to built pages slighty differently when downloading, could remove this hits from stats, etc

After further testing, it seems if it sees "MSIE " in the user agent text, it will revert back to the Microsoft Internet Explorer ...

Daniel.
Oleg Chernavin 03/16/2004 08:45 am
OK. Just fixed it. Here is the updated version:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oep1532.zip

Oleg.