Duplicate tree downloaded

QuantumShadow 03/11/2004 04:46 am
HI, I have several projects where OE downloads some of the directories of the site twice:
to the www.sitename.com
and to the sitename.com without the www.
it can be GBs of data! any idea how can i download everything only to
www.sitename.com?
Of course i don`t want just to reject the files that want to go to the "sitename.com", i want to redirect them to "www..sitename.com" and fix all the internal links accordingly.
QuantumShadow.
Oleg Chernavin 03/11/2004 04:56 am
This is easy with 3.0 version. Please click the Home button in Offline Explorer`s Internal browser and go to Tutorials | Mirros sites. This article explains how URL Substitutes can be used to prevent mirror site downloads and fix all links.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
QuantumShadow 03/11/2004 03:56 pm
This is great!!! i thought it would be a major problem.

Now i have one more question about this mirros sites:
If i use "Load files only within the starting server"
only the www.sitename.com will be downloaded (if i remember correctly)
but what happens if the server whants to redirect me to the mirror site (sitenam.com)?
will OE reject all the redirects?
that means that i have to redownload all my old sites again!!! because they are most probably incomplete! I hope this is not the case.

QuantumShadow.

> This is easy with 3.0 version. Please click the Home button in Offline Explorer`s Internal browser and go to Tutorials | Mirros sites. This article explains how URL Substitutes can be used to prevent mirror site downloads and fix all links.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 03/12/2004 03:58 am
With URL Substitutes, OE will stay only within the www.... server and all links to a server without www.. it will still consider pointing to www.

Oleg.
QuantumShadow 03/12/2004 08:04 am
Sorry for being not clear enough, but my previous question was about the OEv2.9 or older, when there was no URL Substitutes. I will repaste it again:

If i used "Load files only within the starting server"
only the www.sitename.com was downloaded (if i remember correctly)
but what happens if the server whants to redirect me to the mirror site (sitename.com)?
will OE reject all the redirects?
that means that i have to redownload all my old sites again!!! because they are most probably incomplete! I hope this is not the case.
Thanks,
QuantumShadow.

> With URL Substitutes, OE will stay only within the www.... server and all links to a server without www.. it will still consider pointing to www.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 03/12/2004 08:10 am
Yes, OE will reject these links to mirror sites if you load only from the starting server. If you load from the starting domain, the whole mirror will be loaded.

Sorry.

Oleg.