Having trouble moving directories

QuantumShadow 03/06/2004 10:30 am
Hi, i am having problems moving folders in the OE projects tree,
i press Ctrl, and drug them with the mouse, but they remain unmoved.

Another problem that even if sometimes by some miracle they do move, the moved folder always appears in the bottom of the target directory.

What can be done?

Regards,
QuantumShadow.
Oleg Chernavin 03/08/2004 03:46 am
I would suggest you to try this way - start dragging a folder and press Ctrl button just before you end the drag (release the mouse button). Also, if you move a folder to some other folder, it is being added to its bottom. Anyway, you can drag the folder over the desired Project in the destination folder and release it (with Ctrl key). The Folder will stay just above the Project.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
QuantumShadow 03/09/2004 04:47 pm
Oleg, I pressing Ctrl only at the end really helps, thanks.
but ur second answer about moving folder not only to the buttiom is not clear.
lets say i have this two folders:

Sites
Folder1
Folder2

and i want to add between the two one more folder like this:

Sites
Folder1
Additional Folder
Folder2

What can I do? If i drop it over Folder1 it falls inside it, if i drop it over Sites it falls to the buttom.
QunatumShadow.

> I would suggest you to try this way - start dragging a folder and press Ctrl button just before you end the drag (release the mouse button). Also, if you move a folder to some other folder, it is being added to its bottom. Anyway, you can drag the folder over the desired Project in the destination folder and release it (with Ctrl key). The Folder will stay just above the Project.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 03/10/2004 07:20 am
Simply add the "Additional Folder" to "Sites" and drag it over "Folder2" there (without Ctrl). That`s it.

Oleg.
QuantumShadow 03/11/2004 04:37 am
Thanks, don`t know how i missed that :(

> Simply add the "Additional Folder" to "Sites" and drag it over "Folder2" there (without Ctrl). That`s it.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 03/11/2004 04:52 am
Sorry for this confusion with Ctrl and without it.

Oleg.