Naming a file during processing

Mark Chamberlain 03/05/2004 10:16 am
I have previously been using a product to create offline HTML files of our website that has allowed me to place naming conventions within my code so when the build was bein executed and running through my pages it would name the HTML files how I wanted within an 8.3 file naming structure.

As far as I can see, the only time I can manipulate the file name is when I export Offline Explorer I can set it to an 8.3 file structure but then it just grabs the first 8 letters of the page and then if there are multiple files with the same name it just increments them by one. So for example docphp1.htm docphp2.htm etc.

So is there a setting somewhere within the application or some code that I can place within my scripts so while offline exploror is executing it will read the links and name each individual HTML file it creates to what I want?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Oleg Chernavin 03/05/2004 10:35 am
Yes, there is a way to name files the way you want during the download process. You can find the URL Substitutes button in the Project Properties dialog | Advanced section. Please read the Help file to find how to rename files after the download completes.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff