Download count shows more than really downloaded

QuantumShadow 02/24/2004 08:11 pm
Hi, i have been seeing this behavior for a long time, but this time it annoyed me enough to start a new post.
I am downloading a new site,
after a few hours i paused the downloading
because OE started to be really slow as a result of parsing.
After i paused i noticed that:
1. Parsing queue shows 4 files left and this doesn`t change already for two hours of being paused.
2. the Download Queue doesn`t change it stays on a constant number
2. the downloaded files count increases constantly though, and is already reached 89,000 files
i wonder how can it grow if i paused and nothing is being actually downloaded and Parsing and Download queue are unchanged. So i went and checked how many files i actually have on the HD for this project it was only 19,000 !!!
so where is all the rest 89,000 - 19,000 coming from?
and it looks like it is growing forever!
QuantumShadow.
Oleg i can give u the site name and the password, if u want to reproduce the problem.

Oleg Chernavin 02/25/2004 01:50 pm
The increase of downloaded files without downloading activity is caused by found links that were already downloaded (on the disk) by pevious downloads. It could be that you already loaded the site with other Projects and the new download use "Do not load existing files" setting.

Is it so? Also, please use the latest 3.0 SR1 version that we released just recently.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
QuantumShadow 02/28/2004 11:31 am
Hi, i didn`t load the site with other projects, but i have the "Do not download existing files" set.
I used the latest 3.0 SR1 version with the same result.
I found that all OE is doing is parsing the same file over and over again, hours and hours without stop. I will send u this file with the site name, on the email.
QuantumShadow.

> The increase of downloaded files without downloading activity is caused by found links that were already downloaded (on the disk) by pevious downloads. It could be that you already loaded the site with other Projects and the new download use "Do not load existing files" setting.
>
> Is it so? Also, please use the latest 3.0 SR1 version that we released just recently.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 02/28/2004 02:58 pm
Yes, I got your E-mail. Thank you. I will work on it this Monday. I hope to fix it shortly.

Thanks again!

Oleg.