Help with this site pleae!

Steve Sieloff 02/09/2004 05:00 pm
Hi Oleg!

I am using 3.0 for the following site but having problems getting OE Pro to follow the results page`s links (they are javascript links):

http://public.slcclerkofcourt.com/traffic/traffic.jsp

I key in "Smith" for last name and "Alan" for first name then hit "Search". The rsulting page has several links in the form (2000TR123456) -- 1 for each traffic ticket. I want to follow these links to the detail of the actual ticket. I have tried using key word filter (Case Ticket -- find all words). I have tried limiting level to 1 and the download directory to current. I have tried turning level limit off and downloading all files/all directories but I do not get OEP to follow the links.

I have "Explore HTML Forms" and "Evaluate script calculations" checked and I ma using Additional=ConvertPOSTToFileName.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Steve
Oleg Chernavin 02/10/2004 07:06 am
Steve,

I am sorry, but you can`t load these links yet. The script fills a Web form with several parameters and submits it automatically when you click that link. Offline Explorer cannot do that yet. Maybe in future versions.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Steve Sieloff 02/10/2004 08:05 am
Oleg --

I would love to be able to download this site .... any ideas or other products/programs I could try until OE Pro can support this style of links?

Steve

> Steve,
>
> I am sorry, but you can`t load these links yet. The script fills a Web form with several parameters and submits it automatically when you click that link. Offline Explorer cannot do that yet. Maybe in future versions.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Steve Sieloff 02/10/2004 02:16 pm
Oleg --

Would this work? I looked at the actual data being "stuffed" into the POST by clicking one of the 2002TR123456 links and exploring the project window ... it looks like the formatting is consistant ... a number+A+1 for the dynamic ticket ID ... what if I used OE Pro to download all root pages, wrote a program to stripp off these data elements embedded within the javascript, put them into a file, and then used OE Pro to read each unique ID from the file and query the detail page(s). Don`t you think this might work?

Here is what I get when looking at the dynamic link as a project:

http://public.slcclerkofcourt.com/stlucie/pub-access
POST=AREA=TRAFFIC&MODE=PUBLIC&doAction=VIEW&key=823507200+A+1
IgnoreLogOutLinks
Referer=http://public.slcclerkofcourt.com/stlucie/pub-access?bean_firstName=&bean_lastName=&bean_middleName=&bean_birthDate=&bean_caseNumber=2002TR000019&bean_citatio0E68F838B9
SetCookie=JSESSIONID=EPEHPJEKDCBJ; JSESSIONID=EPEHPJEKDCBJ

What I`d like to do is create a file with all the key= elements and then POP them into OE Pro using the file option in the macro ...

POST=AREA=TRAFFIC&MODE=PUBLIC&doAction=VIEW&key={:c:\mystuff.txt} where mystuff.txt would contain a series of lines like:

823507200+A+1
823555623+A+1

What I am unsure of is the impact of the Referer URL which contains the initial 200TR123456 information.

What do you suggest?

Thanks!

Steve

> Oleg --
>
> I would love to be able to download this site .... any ideas or other products/programs I could try until OE Pro can support this style of links?
>
> Steve
>
> > Steve,
> >
> > I am sorry, but you can`t load these links yet. The script fills a Web form with several parameters and submits it automatically when you click that link. Offline Explorer cannot do that yet. Maybe in future versions.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Oleg Chernavin
> > MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 02/11/2004 03:26 pm
Steve,

Yes, this should work. However you will have to make the list of ticket IDs manually. Do not worry about referrer - most sites do not care about it, so just remove that line from the Project URL.

Regarding other programs - I am not aware about any other tool that can work with such javascripts. Please do not take it as a pride, but the javascript handling code that we included in 3.0 version of Offline Explorer is far better than in any other offline browser.

I would love to support all kind of scripts and we are moving in this direction, but it will take some time.

Oleg.