organize download

ucbu 02/02/2004 11:23 am
Hi,

When i download i found in the queue that each site are redownloaded many times and many sites i needn`t use. So the downloaded project was so big. How can i organized to download only files i want?

I have aborted sites in queue but when i stop download and then restart, these aborted sites return. How can i continue to download with queue list after i stop?

Thank for your help.
Oleg Chernavin 02/03/2004 03:40 am
> When i download i found in the queue that each site are redownloaded many times and many sites i needn`t use. So the downloaded project was so big. How can i organized to download only files i want?

The best way is to use the Project`s URL Filters to define what you need and what you don`t want. If you will have problems with it, let me know what site you are downloading and what exactly you need to get from it. I will show you how to do it.

> I have aborted sites in queue but when i stop download and then restart, these aborted sites return. How can i continue to download with queue list after i stop?

If you want to save the Queue contents in a file, please go to the Download menu and select "Suspend to file".

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
ucbu 02/03/2004 12:29 pm
I want to download some courses at http://ocw.mit.edu/ such as: http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Electrical-Engineering-and-Computer-Science/6-045JAutomata--Computability--and-ComplexitySpring2002/CourseHome/index.htm (1)

I want to download 5 sites: Course Home, Syllabus, Calendar, Recitations, Assignments, Exams and from each site i want to download its link lectures. (it`s the content of this course). I have choosen level limit 2 when download from site (1) and downloaded 37Mb(!!) with 2500 files but the queue still have 1600 files and the browse doesn`t have all PDF lectures I want.

When I download some forum (such as your forum), if I choose level limit 1 I`ll have to downloaded many projects, but if I choose higher level limit OE will download many sites i needn`t use. And the same content of each forum page (example: New, Company, product,..in your forum ) will be redownloaded many times. Tell me how to download your forum with minimum disk.

Thanks.

Oleg Chernavin 02/04/2004 04:44 am
Level=2 is not enough. I would suggest you the following settings:

URL:
http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/

Uncheck Level, URL Filters | Server - Load only from the starting server, URL Filters | Directory - Load only from the starting directory.

This will load all of the materials of the site.

> When I download some forum (such as your forum), if I choose level limit 1 I`ll have to downloaded many projects, but if I choose higher level limit OE will download many sites i needn`t use. And the same content of each forum page (example: New, Company, product,..in your forum ) will be redownloaded many times. Tell me how to download your forum with minimum disk.

To download only the forum, please go to URL Filters | Filename, select Custom configuration and add the following to the Included filename keywords:

forums

You can uncheck the Project Level setting to get all forum messages.

Oleg.
ucbu 02/05/2004 03:40 am
> URL:
> http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/
>
> Uncheck Level, URL Filters | Server - Load only from the starting server, URL Filters | Directory - Load only from the starting directory.

> This will load all of the materials of the site.

I`m sorry, but it doesn`t work for me. All PDF lectures still can`t be browsed, I think the structure of this site is not like you thought. Can you try downloading it and help me one more time?

>

> To download only the forum, please go to URL Filters | Filename, select Custom configuration and add the following to the Included filename keywords:
>
> forums
>
> You can uncheck the Project Level setting to get all forum messages.
>
Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 02/06/2004 07:19 am
Can you send me your exact Project settings to support@metaproducts.com ? Just select the Project, click Copy button on toolbar and paste it to the E-mail message.

I will see what is wrong there.

Oleg.