3.0 Advice

GregF 01/30/2004 01:22 pm
In future releases, you might want to recommend that the installer reset the computer. I had some bugs but after I rebooted they all went away.
GregF 01/30/2004 01:23 pm
> In future releases, you might want to recommend that the installer reset the computer. I had some bugs but after I rebooted they all went away.

er, this message was for oleg, not the customers, sorry for any confusion.
Oleg Chernavin 01/31/2004 04:27 am
No problem!

Can you please tell me, what kind of bugs did you face? Offline Explorer doesn`t replace any system files, so reboot is not necessary in most cases. It asks to reboot only if Offline Explorer is running when you install a newer version, so it cannot overwrite files.

Some bugs can be caused by a system, when it is running for some time. I myself haven`t faced problems when installing Offline Explorer without rebooting the system.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
GregF 02/02/2004 04:13 am
regretfully i cannot remember now, at the time i immediately got the impression there was a situation where there was a conflict between old 2.x and new 3.0 but all was well after i rebooted my system.

> No problem!
>
> Can you please tell me, what kind of bugs did you face? Offline Explorer doesn`t replace any system files, so reboot is not necessary in most cases. It asks to reboot only if Offline Explorer is running when you install a newer version, so it cannot overwrite files.
>
> Some bugs can be caused by a system, when it is running for some time. I myself haven`t faced problems when installing Offline Explorer without rebooting the system.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 02/02/2004 08:25 am
I see. We will try to reproduce this.

Oleg.