Offline Explorer 3.0 Announcement

Daniel 01/29/2004 10:51 am
I am a little bit confused. In a past forum message, it was incated that 3.0 was under development.

a) If you purchased the software before a certain date, you would have to pay for the upgrade.
However it would be free, if you purchased after that date.

b) I was just told that not matter when you purchased it, you would get a discount but you would have to pay for upgrade/change of version.

Which is correct?
Oleg Chernavin 01/29/2004 12:29 pm
The (a) is correct. The date is May 21st, 2003. If you purchased Offline Explorer (Standard, Pro or Enterprise) on or after that date then you already own the registration key that works with both 2.x and all 3.x versions of the corresponding software.

If you purchased before May 21st, 2003, the upgrade fee is 50% off the current product price.

We already sent all our customers E-mails with direct links to purchase. Those who purchased on of after May 21st, 2003 will not receive them, because they do not have to pay for the upgrade. These people will only receive our standard newsletter with the 3.0 version release announcement. The newsletter will be not sent to the customers who are unwilling to receive news from us.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Charles Hanskat 01/30/2004 11:22 am
I have been a registered user of OE Pro for several years. I didn`t receive an e-mail about the 50% off upgrade. Perhaps it was lost in the traffic from the current virus. Is there an alternative route to secure the 50% discount on the upgrade?

Thanks.

> If you purchased before May 21st, 2003, the upgrade fee is 50% off the current product price.
>
> We already sent all our customers E-mails with direct links to purchase. Those who purchased on of after May 21st, 2003 will not receive them, because they do not have to pay for the upgrade.
Julian Cloud 01/30/2004 04:45 pm
I have been a registered user of OE Pro for about a year now. I have not received the email with the direct link to purchase at the said discount. I received instead the newsletter and a link to download opsetup.exe... without thinking I ran that program and it overwrote my previous installation. I find now that I have an unregistered software. Unfortunately, when I downloaded the program, it overwrote the last version of opsetup that I had version 2.9, I think.

So, two questions, how do I get the discount? And where can I download the latest 2.x version (I can`t find it on your site)?

Thanks.
> We already sent all our customers E-mails with direct links to purchase. Those who purchased on of after May 21st, 2003 will not receive them, because they do not have to pay for the upgrade. These people will only receive our standard newsletter with the 3.0 version release announcement. The newsletter will be not sent to the customers who are unwilling to receive news from us.
Kha 01/30/2004 08:56 pm
Hi

I bought Offline Explorer Pro in December.
Do You mean I can download the setup for the 3.0 version from http://www.metaproducts.com/download/opsetup.exe, and my current registration key will work?

Do i need uninstall the previous version before installing this new one?

Thank You and kind regards.
Lena Klimova 01/31/2004 12:06 pm
Dear Julian Cloud,

Please write us directly to support@metaproducts.com and we will be happy to help you.

Best regards,
Lena Klimova
MP Staff

> I have been a registered user of OE Pro for about a year now. I have not received the email with the direct link to purchase at the said discount. I received instead the newsletter and a link to download opsetup.exe... without thinking I ran that program and it overwrote my previous installation. I find now that I have an unregistered software. Unfortunately, when I downloaded the program, it overwrote the last version of opsetup that I had version 2.9, I think.
>
> So, two questions, how do I get the discount? And where can I download the latest 2.x version (I can`t find it on your site)?
>
> Thanks.
> > We already sent all our customers E-mails with direct links to purchase. Those who purchased on of after May 21st, 2003 will not receive them, because they do not have to pay for the upgrade. These people will only receive our standard newsletter with the 3.0 version release announcement. The newsletter will be not sent to the customers who are unwilling to receive news from us.
>
Lena Klimova 01/31/2004 12:08 pm
Dear Charles Hanskat,

Please write us directly to support@metaproducts.com and we will be happy to help you.

Best regards,
Lena Klimova
MP Staff

> I have been a registered user of OE Pro for several years. I didn`t receive an e-mail about the 50% off upgrade. Perhaps it was lost in the traffic from the current virus. Is there an alternative route to secure the 50% discount on the upgrade?
>
> Thanks.
>
> > If you purchased before May 21st, 2003, the upgrade fee is 50% off the current product price.
> >
> > We already sent all our customers E-mails with direct links to purchase. Those who purchased on of after May 21st, 2003 will not receive them, because they do not have to pay for the upgrade.
Lena Klimova 01/31/2004 12:10 pm
Dear Kha,

You`re right. Please download the latest version from:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/opsetup.exe

and install new version to the directory where the older version was
installed. No uninstall is necessary.

Best regards,
Lena Klimova
MP Staff
> Hi
>
> I bought Offline Explorer Pro in December.
> Do You mean I can download the setup for the 3.0 version from http://www.metaproducts.com/download/opsetup.exe, and my current registration key will work?
>
> Do i need uninstall the previous version before installing this new one?
>
> Thank You and kind regards.